POSTED: May 15, 2018
Required Documents: 1) Cover Letter addressing three key areas: • Why are you interested in directing the Repentance Project?• Examples of your involvement in the sphere of racial reconciliation• The philosophy or spirituality supporting your interest in racial reconciliation2) Resume3) Two references (at least one of which can speak to your spiritual life).
The Repentance Project exists to encourage healthy interracial communities by clarifying the systemic legacies of slavery andcreating opportunities for repentance, healing and a just future.
The Repentance Project seeks an experienced, winsome leader who is well versed in social justice and committed to the healing of racial divisions in the United States. As Program Director, this leader will pioneer and navigate the early stages of organizational development for The Repentance Project and establish the frameworks necessary for future development.
• Report to the Executive Board of Directors
• Create strategic plan
• Develop existing pilot efforts to grow in quality, increased participation and reach on a national scale – including quarterly pilgrimages and An American Lent
• Develop An American Lent into an “open source” resource for online and print, including working with an editor to enhance and strengthen the tool.
• Coordinate conference calls and gatherings for the Executive Committee and Board
• Research, gather and organize an extensive collection of articles, books, curriculum, websites as educational resources on topics of racial oppression, slavery, reconstruction, segregation, reconciliation, reparations, civil rights, mass incarceration and related topics.
• Develop and nurture relationships with likeminded organizations and individual change-makers for collaboration in advancing the mission
• Interface with media to generate awareness, visibility and positive public engagement
• Oversee fundraising efforts to achieve budget goals
• Develop positive relationships and communicate gratitude with donors
• Manage the budget and financial reporting
Experience & Core Competencies
• Well versed in social justice and in the history of racial divisions in the United States
• Winsome in working with people of various views and persuasions (political, cultural, faith, etc.)
• Believes and able to communicate the Gospel through the work of The Repentance Project
• Demonstrated ability with strategic planning and program management
• Demonstrated effectiveness with interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to develop collaborative relationships, fundraising experience preferred
• Proficient in Word, Xcel, and PowerPoint
Commitment & Compensation
• This is a part-time position requiring approximately 20 hours/week. The number of hours required is flexible as long as required work is accomplished with excellence.
• Geographic location to be determined based on applicant preference.
• Annual financial compensation is set for $26,000. A fair compensation will be negotiated.
• The part-time position does not include insurance benefits. However, in addition to the annual salary, the position provides a $3,000 annual stipend toward health insurance.
• The position carries the possibility of advancement within the organization – if the work is successful there will be greater opportunities to steward.
To request more information, or if you have any questions, please contact William Haley at email@example.com or Jennifer Custer at firstname.lastname@example.org.