The Wisdom Exchange Project is a social connection program that connects graduate students and postdoctoral fellows with older adults in Ontario and Quebec. Intergenerational friendships can be rewarding and meaningful for both older and younger generations, but it can be difficult to forge intergenerational connections beyond one’s immediate family. This program aims to facilitate the initial connections and then let the magic happen. Once enrolled in the program, students and older adults will be paired based on preferences collected in partner intake forms (e.g. common languages, hobbies). After being matched, partners will be introduced to each other by program administrators and can continue to connect on their own terms.
Please note: When completing the questionnaire, all questions with an asterisk are mandatory.
In our initial call, this program will be limited to older adults who meet the following criteria:
- Adults 60 years and older
- Community-dwelling (living independently) in Ontario or Quebec, OR living in an independent living or retirement community, but not an assisted living, long-term care, or hospice facility
- Have access to at least one device and telecommunication service that can be used for remote communication (i.e. telephone, web-based phone service, internet connection)
Benefits of participating in this program:
- Developing intergenerational friendships, and providing a meaningful form of social contact during COVID-19
- Connecting with researchers on important topics related to the science of healthy living
If you have any questions, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are collecting this information to learn a bit about you so that we can match you with a student based on personal preferences. Information will only be seen by the coordinators of the Project. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com