Avondale School District Non-Resident Schools of Choice Application
Application for the 2021-2022 school year - Non-Resident School of Choice Applicants Only
Please complete this form for your child's application to the Avondale School District. This is required as the first step in the application process. This application will take about 15-20 minutes to complete and submit. This application must be completed between the dates of April 12 - May 11, 2021. Parents must submit it online only. Late applications will not be accepted.
Please review the application procedures and information below:
Non-Resident Application Procedures:
1. Applications are being accepted for a limited number of non-resident Schools of Choice students for enrollment in the Avondale School District for the 2021-2022 school year. The availability is determined by the Avondale School District.
2. The Avondale School District application period is April 12 - May 11, 2021. If the number of applications received exceeds the number of spaces available, a lottery will be held on Friday, June 4, 2021 at 9:00 a.m. as specified by state law. All applicants will be notified of their enrollment status the week of June 7, 2021 via email.
3. If your student’s name is not drawn in the lottery, we will maintain your student’s name on a waiting list and notify you if a seat becomes available, up to the end of the first week of school.
4. If the applicant is notified of their application acceptance, the required enrollment documents MUST be submitted to the enrollment office no later than June 25, 2021. Failure to do so will result in the loss of your seat within the district.
5. All applications will be screened for accurate information. This may involve contacting your child’s former school district. Please note that all Schools of Choice enrollments are contingent upon receipt and review of the applicant’s prior discipline records.
6. Once enrolled through Schools of Choice, students may remain in Avondale School District until graduation if the student complies with all guidelines for Schools of Choice.
7. Siblings of Schools of Choice students will be given preference for enrollment into Avondale’s general education program as long as they reside in Oakland County.
8. Attendance: Schools of Choice students are expected to arrive and depart from school on time. Students who are excessively absent or tardy are subject to the same rules and procedures as resident students. To ensure the safety of all of our students, it is expected that parents will pick students up on time at the end of the school day as well as when they are attending an afterschool or evening event.
9. Code of Conduct: All Student Code of Conduct rules, procedures, and policies apply to all students who enter Avondale School District under the Schools of Choice guidelines and procedures.
10. Redistricting: If the need arises to change the boundaries of any school for the purpose of redistricting students, those students who registered as Schools of Choice students could be asked to transfer to another school in the Avondale School District.
11. Transportation is the responsibility of the parents/guardians.
Avondale High School: Enrollment questions regarding Pathways, IT Program and HS Early College can be directed to Kim Olszak at
Enrollment Questions: Please call or email: Leta Brennan at 248-537-6039
Page 1 of 6
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Avondale Schools.