At Biomeme we make things. We make hardware; we work with biological organisms; we hack smartphones. We're looking for passionate people who are skilled with their hands and have impeccable attention to detail. You should be a fast learner and not afraid of tackling challenges both big and small. No task is above or below your pay grade.
Biomeme is as interdisciplinary as it gets. We combine rigorous biology and chemistry with best-in-class hardware and software engineering. It's all wrapped up in sublime user design, with the goal of helping our customers enact real-world change. Guided by data and a belief in the iterative process, we develop elegant solutions to complex problems that demand precision.
Our partners and customers span a wide range of industries across the US, Latin America, Africa and Europe. We've got great traction in health: we're testing for STD's in Philadelphia, Malaria and Ebola virus in Africa, Avian Influenza in Europe, veterinary targets in the Andes and Lyme disease in the US. Outside of health, we have partners in industrial water monitoring, aquaculture, agriculture, conservation biology and more. High school students are testing for mislabeled sushi. Quantified Selfers are tracking their microbiome. Everyday users are even testing their own DNA for genetic markers.
We are also currently working to manufacture and distribute COVID-19 test kits in the United States and Canada. It’s a good time to come onboard.
Philadelphia, PA, 19107
You will report to Biomeme Business Lead Max Perelman. Your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- HR: coordinating employee and contractor paperwork, new employee onboarding, vacations, insurance and HSA
- Filing: managing our paper filing as well as our various share drives
- Bookkeeping: maintaining standard operating procedures, overseeing business expense reimbursement, managing invoices and bills, payments, etc.
- Shipping & Receiving: receive shipments, manage upcoming shipments, package shipments and coordinate with shipping companies, handle customs and import/export
- Inventory: Manage product inventory available for sale. Manage systems on loan.
- Office maintenance: manage cleaning vendor, tidy up office in between cleanings, maintain stock of office supplies
- Events: coordinate special events such as happy hours and staff birthdays
- Website: maintain content on various websites (Shopify, Corporate Website, AngelList, etc.)
- Marketing Support: support marketing team with conferences, collateral, business cards, etc.
While you should be methodical and predictable, we are a startup, so you should be OK with a lack of clarity, frequent confusion, and a high level of general craziness.
Video Cover Letter
Please shoot a short video introducing yourself, tell us what you do now and why you are excited about becoming a part of the Biomeme team.
Use your smartphone or webcam - we aren't looking for polished video's but simply an introduction, be yourself! By short we mean 1-2 min. Upload your video to youtube or vimeo as an unlisted video and share the link with us.
Please submit your resume to
In the subject line: Full Name / Resume
i.e. Jane Doe / Resume
Please answer the following questions.
In one or two sentences, please tell us the most impressive thing you have built or achieved.
What was an interesting project, preferably outside of work or school, that you created?
Include links to pictures or video if you want to share.
Please tell us about the time you most successfully hacked some (non-computer) system to your advantage.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Biomeme.