To kick off the weekend, IC is planning a Welcome Back Party to happen all over Downtown Ithaca on the evening of Friday November 3, 2017. It will mostly occur from 5-8pm, but reunion gatherings will continue to celebrate later into the evening frequenting favorite places/memories downtown.
The Ithaca Marriott will be a check-in and base camp for the alum weekend kick-off and we are expecting approximately 500 alumni, families, students and guests to be downtown Friday, November 3rd from 5pm onward into the evening.4,000 to be coming to Ithaca for the entire weekend.
Downtown Ithaca Alliance is teaming up with IC to help the college bring their activities downtown. We will be collecting a guide of things to do while they are downtown to celebrate.
We are looking for downtown businesses who are interested in helping IC welcome their guests and there are a number of ways you can get involved.
There are a lot of ways you can get involved:1. Hosting a reunion year gathering at their bar or restaurantIf you are a bar or restaurant you may be interested in hosting a class reunion (20-75 people). Hosting duties may include: - Place for live music such as a trio or small acoustic ensemble - Offer drink specials for the group - Concoct a special IC/reunion year themed beverage(s) or menu items for the group attendees
If you are interested, please contact: Kristin Van Ormer at (607)274-3314 or email@example.com
2. Offer a special IC deal or discount in your shop for the night or weekend.IC guests attending the weekend will all be issued a special badge. This badge can serve as your discount verification.
3. Create an IC themed menu item, drink, product or priced item that is themed around IC or 125 years.For example: a beverage or burger or pizza called The Bomber or another IC-inspired menu item
4. Feature, front rack, or create a display that has a tie-in with Ithaca College, features products inspired by Ithaca College or were created by Ithaca College Grads.
5. Host a special activity like a performance by an Ithaca College student performance group that evening.
6. This Friday night will also be our November First Friday Gallery Night. If you host a gallery show or have in the past, consider hosting artwork by a former or current Ithaca College artist. We will also pay special tribute to IC affiliated shows in the Gallery Night Guide that month.
7. If you’re an Ithaca College alumnus or parent of a student, or have a special connection to the college you’d like to share, we’d love to hear your story.
Please take a minute to fill out the form here to let us know how you’d like to get involved.
If you don’t have all the details, that is okay, we are gathering information and will be following up with businesses one-on-one to confirm.
Please sign up or let us know you are planning to participate by: August 15, 2017