Chapter 1 - EMS Systems and Research
This assignment is worth 10 points.
1. An Emergency Medical Responder is directly responsible to which of the following systems?
Public Health System
Emergency Medical Services System
Health Care System
2. Which of the following is an example of a vital sign?
3. On a college campus, you were the called to help a student who tried to harm himself. A number of students are asking what happened. You should
Ask them if they know anybody else who is depressed and needs help
Tell them that the student’s situation is confidential information
Identify close friends of the patient and direct them to the receiving hospital
Tell them that the patient has depressions and needed professional help
4. Which of these is NOT an appropriate term to address a patient whose name you do not know?
5. What’s the most important thing to consider when arriving at the scene of an emergency?
The age of your patients
Timely arrival of EMS Professionals
Your level of medical training
The continuing safety of the scene
6. A Treatment Protocol is defined as
Ensuring an emergency vehicle has the necessary supplies for patient treatment
A list of steps followed by EMS professionals when giving care to patients
Activities performed by a physician after an emergency call is received
The information passed from a 911 dispatcher to paramedics
7. Which of the following would be an example of on-line medical direction?
Speaking with a doctor at the hospital over a 2-way radio system
Following a set of written instructions issued by the patient's doctor
Meeting with a paramedic on the scene and discussing a treatment plan
Reading a patient's Medical ID bracelet and following treatment orders
8. By training, an EMR is prepared to do which of the following?
Monitor a patient's heart rhythms
Provide IV fluids and medications
Administer a patient's medications
Assist with a mother giving birth
9. Emergency Medical Responder training would prepare you best for which of the following situations?
Providing long-term care for an elderly relative with dementia
Caring for somebody who broke their leg while rollerblading
Serving as a public health spokesperson for your community
Giving medical advice to a friend that cannot afford a doctor
10. When somebody calls 911 from America or Canada, they are connected to which of the following?
The Department of Transportation
The Federal Communications Commission
A Public Service Access Phone
A Public Safety Answering Point
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service