Apply to Host a Community Conversation at Politifest 2022
Politifest 2022 is coming Oct. 8 at the University of San Diego. We are planning to be live and in-person this year.
Do you have an idea or position related to the November election or the future of San Diego politics that needs some attention? Do you want to host a debate that is not currently on the event agenda? This is your chance.
Voice of San Diego's annual festival of debates and discussions about the region's politics, ideas and future has always had a community element. We are offering the opportunity for community members to host their own conversations during Politifest 2022. Proposed topics should reflect this year’s focus on the 2022 mid-term elections.
Voice of San Diego will be hosting sessions on the following topics. Your proposed conversation should either dovetail with one of these or dig into another subject that is relevant to the future of San Diego’s.
1. Statewide ballot initiatives
2. The Sheriffs Race
3. 77th State Assemble District Race
4. 80th State Assembly District Race
5. County Supervisor Race, District 5
6. San Diego City Council, District 2
7. The Politics of Homelessness
8. The People’s Ordinance
9. Transit Tax
10. Midway Height Limit
11. Sports Gaming Initiative
12. Chula Vista Mayor
Community conversations will be organized, managed, and led by members of our community — that means you! Each will last 60 minutes. Voice of San Diego will manage all the logistics (scheduling, technical set up, etc.). You will be responsible for content, including a presentation, securing and preparing your panelists, and promoting the event.
If you’d like to host a Community Conversation, please complete and submit this proposal form by Aug. 1. Voice of San Diego will review all proposals and notify you by Aug. 31 if your topic has been selected.
1. Submitting your proposal does NOT guarantee that your topic will be selected for inclusion in Politifest.
2. All presenters and participants must purchase a ticket to Politifest.
3. Community Conversation organizers are not entitled to any compensation for their participation in Politifest. You agree that you are volunteering to organize and host the Community Conversation should you be selected.
4. Voice of San Diego reserves the right to cancel a Community Conversation for any reason at any time at its own discretion.