Please read and fill out the form below. Once you have filled out the form and submitted the form, the PAC admin will look over request and you will receive an email with and estimate of your rental and the contract. Once you have looked over your estimate and signed the contract return it by mail or email and the PAC admin will issue you a permit number.
The PAC Coordinator will check events and dates requested for conflicts, appropriateness of events, and ability to meet the needs of the events. The facility may be rented during the times that the PAC Coordinator determines it is available. The use of the facility may be denied when such use would interfere with necessary repairs or general maintenance.
The contract and all necessary paperwork will be returned to the organization seeking facility use for the confirming signature. The signed form then should then be sent to the Coordinator for final processing. As soon as possible thereafter, the organization seeking use should forward a set-up diagram to the PAC Tech Coordinator.
Any extraordinary equipment requests must be submitted with the application. We will attempt to honor same and renter will be charged accordingly.
1. Your organization shall provide a certificate of Proof of Liability/ Personal Injury and Property Damage insurance in the amount of $1,000,000 per claim and $1,000,000 per occurrence. We require that the Swartz Creek Public School District be named “an additional insured” on the policy. A copy of proof of such insurance must be with this application. Failure to do so will void any agreements. SWARTZ CREEK COMMUNITY SCHOOLS WILL CANCEL EVENTS WITHOUT THE PROPER INSURANCE ON FILE.
2. In submitting the application, your organization agents, employees, invitees, or licensees agrees to the fullest extent of the law indemnify and hold harmless Swartz Creek Community School District, its elected officials, employees, volunteers, subcontractors, and vendors against all claims, demands, suits, losses, attorney fees, including costs connected therewith, for any damages which may be asserted, claimed or recovered against or from Swartz Creek Community Schools, by reason of personal injury, including bodily injury and death, and /or property damage, including loss of use thereof, which arises out of or is in any way connected or associated with the facility use as described in the usage agreement.
3. The Facilities Use Application must be completed by the designated person in charge of the event. This individual will be responsible for enforcing the conditions of use and regulations listed in this document with members of their organization. This application must be submitted and approved at least forty-five (45) days prior to the desired date(s) of use. The event is not approved until a Usage Permit is issued.
4. 50% of the estimated total shall be paid before receiving your usage permit. Payment of the remaining 50% of the estimated payment shall be received no later than fourteen (14) days prior to the event. You will be billed if you incur any additional charges. Payment of final invoice must be made within thirty (30) days of the invoice date. The district reserves the right to request payment of estimated fees in advance. If any payments are not received within the aforementioned timeframes, your event will be cancelled and/or you could forfeit future usage privileges.
5. Proof of liability insurance must be provided and on file no later than 30 days prior to the event. If this is not on file by the stated date, you event will be cancelled.
6. The Swartz Creek Community School District is not responsible for the loss, theft, damage, or destruction of any materials, equipment, property, etc. brought onto the premises by your organization or its members.
7. Notification of cancellation must be submitted to the PAC Coordinator at least forty-eight (48) hours before the scheduled time of use, or the full rental fee and personnel fees are charged. Application fee is non-refundable
8. Note that you are reserving the facility ONLY for the dates and times approved for on your application. Additional access is to be arranged for in writing with the Performing Arts Center Manager, and is based on availability at the time of occurrence. This includes any preparation work to be completed as well as delivery of scenery / props / equipment, etc. The ability to accommodate the storage of equipment / scenery is not guaranteed, and is subject to additional fees.
9. Inclement Weather and Emergencies: The PAC operates within the Swartz Creek Community SchoolDistrict, and may not operate when the schools are closed due to inclement weather or emergency.It is up to the discretion of the PAC Coordinator and the appropriate school officials to determine if the PAC will remain open. If the scheduled event is cancelled due to inclement weather or emergency, efforts will be made to reschedule. Such rescheduling is not guaranteed. Reasonable refunds may be considered at the discretion of the PAC Coordinator.
10. All employees, staff, and subcontractors of the PAC are under the sole direction of the PAC Coordinator or designee. Any concerns about said individuals are to be addressed only to the PAC Coordinator.
11. Billable time for Building Usage and Technician fess is defined as the time the first individual of your organization enters the building (or at the time approved for on your application. The earlier time takes precedence), through the time the last individual leaves the facility and the staff is able to secure the building. This time is rounded up to the nearest half hour.
12. All equipment and personnel needed to appropriately facilitate your event must be completely arranged for with the PAC Technical Coordinator in writing at least thirty (30) days prior to your event. It is your responsibility to contact the PAC Technical Coordinator to advance ALL of your event needs. Events may be cancelled if a technical advance has not been received.
13. In the interests of safety and a positive public image, the PAC Coordinator or designee reserves the right to alter any and all aspects of an event he deems inappropriate or unsafe. Said individual also reserves the right to evict any individual or group who is found to be uncooperative, unsafe, unlawful, or inappropriate.
14. Alcohol, tobacco, firearms, and controlled substances are forbidden on district property at all times. This includes parking lots and access drives. Violation of this may cause eviction and loss of facility use. Possession and/or use of such substances will be reported to the proper authorities.
15. Your organization shall not transfer or assign this agreement to any other individual or group. Only the approved group is authorized to use the facility.
16. Under no circumstances will organizations be able to sublease PAC.
17. Approved permit is necessary for all events and must be available at the site during the event.
18. If payment for facility usage is paid by credit card, a 3% handling fee will be assessed. Checks are made payable to Swartz Creek Schools.
19. Rental approval does not include school property and equipment such as piano, audio-visual, and technology equipment unless special arrangements are made. Fees are paid for such use and will be noted on the permit.
20. No credits will be given should the event end earlier than scheduled.
21. Failure to comply with the above conditions of use and regulations will result in eviction, fines, and/or loss of future opportunities to use the facility.
22. The manager may cancel any contract for misrepresentation and/or violation of policies.
2. Health and Fire Codes / Regulations must be followed at all times.
3. Pulling of a false fire alarm or placing a false emergency or threatening call may incur charges to cover the cost of dispatching emergency vehicles/services. Such fines are the responsibility of your organization.
4. Your activity shall not cause harm or damage to the building, displayed, or stored materials/equipment, or endanger the health or safety of any person.
5. User must clean up areas to maintain a safe work area, this includes but is not limited to nightly cleaning, any excessive cleaning needed, will lead to additional charges in your final invoice.
6. Respect the safety and working environment of all PAC staff and related workers.
7. There is to be no properties, costume, and/or scenery storage in the hallways at any time.
8. All egresses, halls, and walkways are to have unobstructed passage at all times. Exits are to be lighted when the facility is in use.
9. Any act considered dangerous or unsafe, as determined by the PAC Coordinator, may constitute the cancellation of your event.
10. All electrical and mechanical equipment shall be used and operated by school personnel or competent designee as approved by the PAC Coordinator.
11. Use of electrical extension cords and the opening of electrical boxes must be approved by the PAC Coordinator
12. Report any injuries or emergencies to the PAC Coordinator immediately
2. The PAC Coordinator and/or custodial staff will be on duty throughout each and every PAC event. The number of stage hands and other facility attendants necessary shall be determined by the Technical Coordinator. If the appropriate staff is not provided by the renter it will be provided by the PAC Staff and you will be charged for each staff member in accordance to the provided rate schedule.
3. If damage occurs, report it immediately to the PAC Coordinator or designee. You will be held responsible for the replacement of or payment for damages incurred through your use of the facility.
4. Food and beverage are prohibited in the PAC unless prior approval, in writing, by the PAC Coordinator is received in advance of your event.
5. Food and beverage, expect for bottled beverages, are prohibited at all times in the house, stage, and dressing rooms. Food and beverages are allowed on stage only when part of the production or event and with prior written consent. No food or beverages are allowed in the technical booths at any time.
6. All health codes and requirements must be met when selling/serving food or beverage.
7. Exterior doors are not to be propped open at any time.
8. You shall confine your activities and personnel to the area(s) specified in the rental agreement
9. The conduct of all persons in your organization is to be supervised at all times by a responsible adult, whose only task is the supervision and safety of assigned individuals. For safety reasons, children are not to leave the area assigned to them unless supervised by an adult. There should be at least a 1 to 15 ratio of supervisors to students / children.
10. Proper supervision and behavior is expected at all times both inside and outside of the building.
11. The placement of additional signage and non-stage decorations must have prior approval in writing from the PAC Coordinator at least fifteen (15) working days prior to the event.
12. The seating capacity of the venue will not be exceeded at any time. There is no “SRO”. This rule also applies to the lobby and classrooms when they are used.
13. When classroom usage is granted the lessee is responsible to make sure the classroom item are not disturbed or altered.
14. Nothing shall be sold, displayed, or given away without the prior, express, written permission of the PAC Coordinator.
15. No unauthorized method of obtaining funds, including any form of gambling, is permitted in the Swartz Creek School District buildings or on District grounds. If a raffle is to be held, a copy of your license to hold the raffle must be on file with the PAC Coordinator.
16. Only the rooms or designated areas granted in the original request shall be used. All rooms or areas are to be left in an orderly condition after usage. Final inspection will be completed by PAC staff and/or custodial staff to determine if additional fees will apply.
17. The building will not be opened until the groups supervisors are on duty.
18. Parking for events must be limited to paved areas only.
19. Users and their agents are to use designated parking and/or receiving areas. Sidewalks and grass are not to be used for parking or unloading. Damage to grounds will be assed and the user will be billed.
20. During the normal school day, the use of the PAC will not be allowed for prayer or religious purposes. The use of the PAC by community churches at other times may be allowed on a temporary basis afforded community groups elsewhere in this policy.
21. If Lobby is used for anything more than event registration, lobby fees will apply1. Inform all individuals associated with your event (patrons, staff, and performers) about the rules and regulations outlined in this document prior to their arrival at the facility.
21. If Lobby is used for anything more than event registration, lobby fees will apply
2. The Swartz Creek School District reserved the right to require users to utilize district personnel or contractors to operate certain equipment, provide District monitoring, provide custodial services, and provide any necessary security.
3. Lights will not be refocused without the prior consent of the PAC Technical Coordinator or designee.
4. User may use PAC ladders, provided the user understands and abides by the general safe use procedure governing ladders.
5. Any item to be rigged and all sets and equipment to be used as a part of your event must be approved by the PAC Technical Coordinator at least thirty (30) days before your event.
6. All scenery/sets must be flame retarded per national fire code.
7. Groups are responsible for providing their own hand and power tools, lumber, hardware, paint, painting supplies, Gaff tape, etc. Groups are not allowed to use the PAC tools, materials or supplies.
8. Any use of pyrotechnics shall be strictly prohibited without the specific prior approval, in writing, from the PAC Technical Coordinator, who may consult with the local fire marshal.
9. No supplemental lighting is to be installed or brought in for use in connection with any production without written permission from the PAC Technical Coordinator.
2. Your organization is responsible for providing at least 4 ushers for each performance. All ushers must remain on duty until the end of the final intermission. If house staff is found to be lacking it is the sole discretion of the PAC Tech Coordinator to cancel the event or to add the needed staff at additional costs.
3. A meal break must be given to all crews (simultaneously) after 4 hours of work for every workday equal to 8 hours. All breaks are to be arranged with and approved by the PAC Technical Coordinator. It is your responsibility to include these breaks in your production schedule.
4. Only Gaff tape is to be used on the stage floor. No Duct tape! Nothing will be attached to the walls or curtains at any time. All decorations or set pieces must be fireproofed and must be erected and taken down in manner not destructive to the PAC property. The use of decorations and a set design must be approved by the PAC Tech Coordinator thirty (30) days prior to your event.
5. The use of open flames, such as candles, is permitted only with prior written approval of the PAC Tech Coordinator, in consultation with the local fire department if needed.
6. Painting/staining is only allowed in the scene shop (additional rates may apply). Drop clothes, provided by the user, must be used to protect the floor, walls, and surrounding areas from paint.
10. All paint shall be latex based. No oil based paints or stains will be allowed in the theatre, including spray paint.
7. Absolutely no painting or staining is permitted on stage.
8. The Performing Arts Center is not responsible for obtaining video or audio recording rights. The user must obtain recording rights and provide a copy to the PAC Coordinator. If this license is not on file all recording of copyrighted material will be strictly forbidden.
9. It is the obligation of the user to obtain permission for all performances rights from the appropriate entities and to pay all royalties and copyright usage fees. The PAC and Swartz Creek Community School District is only responsible for said fees when they are the producing agent.
10. Scenery will not be attached to the floor at any time. Appropriate methods of securing scenery must be discussed and approved by the PAC Coordinator.
11. Set and scenery should arrive ready to hang and/or set up. Any use of the scene shop, etc. for set building shall be conducted under the supervision of the PAC Tech Coordinator and invoiced accordingly.
12. Set removal must occur immediately after the final performance.
13. The Scene Shop, Costume Room, Properties Room are not included as part of the rental of the theatre facility. The make-up/green room, if needed, is included
2. No publicity material should be printed or distributed until the rental agreement has been approved and a copy returned to you.
3. Copies of flyers and any promotional material related to the activity are to be provided to the PAC Coordinator and must indicate the program is not sponsored or endorsed by Swartz Creek Community Schools.