Deadline: May 5, 2017
Please read instructions carefully, and retain a copy of application packet for your personal records.
2. If you are accepted to the Haitian Summer Institute, you will be registered at FIU for the Creole courses indicated on your application form. LACC will register all students in the courses, you should NOT register yourself.
3. FIU students are responsible for clearing any and all holds – library, financial aid or departmental – prior to being registered.
4. Financial Aid may be applied to Haitian Summer Institute. Participants from outside FIU may also be eligible for funding from their institution. The Haitian Summer Institute is a FLAS-approved program and therefore, FLAS fellows may apply their fellowship funds to the Institute.
5. All accepted students are required to attend the orientation held on the first day of the Institute.
6. FLAS Fellows are required to register in 7 credit hours (6 credits in Miami and 1 credit in Haiti).
$200 Non-Refundable Deposit- Payment must be made via Credit Card, Money Order, Cashiers, Certified or Traveler’s Check payable to: “Florida International University” and must be sent with a memo indicating: Applicant Name, Panther ID (FIU students), and Haitian Summer Institute
Medical Form (only required if traveling to Haiti, found at- http://bit.ly/2jKRUt4)
On-Campus Housing Application
Scholarship “Letters of Award” for all monies granted by FIU or another institution for summer term
Foreign Language and Area Studies (FLAS) Fellowship Application- Deadline February 10, 2017
Haiti Study Abroad Application- http://bit.ly/2jKRUt4
Official Transcripts (if currently enrolled in an academic institution)
Transient Student Form (Non-FIU students who attend other public universities in the State of Florida must submit a completed Transient Student form in order to enroll in FIU courses. Form is available at: http://bit.ly/2kxmcDT)
OR Non-Degree Seeking Student Form (Non-FIU students who do not attend a public university in the State of Florida must submit a completed Non-Degree Seeking Student Form in order to obtain an FIU student identification number and enroll in FIU courses. Form is available at: http://bit.ly/2kxhSEQ
Immunization Documentation Form (Non-FIU students must comply with Florida immunization policies. Please submit completed Immunization Documentation Form via email at email@example.com. Immunization form may be found at: http://bit.ly/2kZTY5x