Hospital Peer Support Application Form
Voluntary Role Description
Real Baby Milk are seeking volunteers to offer peer support to new mums on the maternity ward at Royal Cornwall Hospital, Truro.
We are looking for committed, experienced volunteers who would like the challenge and experience of working with mothers in those early days.
If you can:
• Help new Mums with early challenges and signpost to other support available, by liaising with midwives and medical
• Completing paperwork and write in patients’ medical records
• Spare one day per week or fortnight to volunteer at Treliske hospital.
- This is so to allow you to develop your skills effectively, and to build your confidence in a more challenging
- Most volunteers find that in order to have enough time to make a hospital PS session worthwhile they want to
support several mums, as well as completing all the paperwork and spend a few hours on the ward.
- We generally find that volunteers need to dedicate a whole day to allow for childcare and transport, and breaks during
• Be supported by Real Baby Milk by attending a 2 hour supervision session once every 12 weeks (children welcome)
Volunteers need to be able to:
• Arrange and complete a total of 5 days of training, which breaks down as:
- 2 days accredited Hospital Peer Support Training
- plus 5 hours home learning
- the UNICEF 1 day training
- 1 day RCHT staff induction training
- (unfortunately it is not possible to bring children to these training sessions)
This training, and the support offered to volunteers is funded by Cornwall Council and Royal Cornwall Hospital in order to provide high quality support to parents.
For more information or to discuss if the course is right for you please contact Anna:
Phone: 01872 260429
By completing this form, you are confirming that you have read and carefully noted the above information and that you are able to take the time to make this commitment to Real Baby Milk, Cornwall Council and Royal Cornwall Hospital.
First and last name
Date Peer Support Training completed
Which group(s) you have volunteered at
If you have any learning support needs please give details here: (We will make any reasonable adjustments to support your learning.)
Please confirm that you have a transferable DBS check in place, or the required documents (IN DATE) for a DBS check.
Proof of address
Are there any days of the week or specific dates when you would not be able to attend training?(While we cannot accommodate all requests, we will do our best to book sessions that as many people as possible can attend.)
How will you ensure you can commit to volunteering at least once a month?
• travel times and costs
• childcare arrangements
• parking charges
• paperwork to complete
• additional training needs
RBM and RCHT are able to provide some funds towards costs; please contact us to find out more.
Why would you like to be a Hospital Volunteer?
Please some brief details of your reasons for applying.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Real Baby Milk CIC.