Founded by the Association for Library Services to Children (ALSC) and REFORMA, El día de los niños/El día de los libros (Children's Day/Book Day), known as Día, is a celebration EVERY DAY of children, families, and reading that culminates every year on April 30. The celebration emphasizes the importance of advocating literacy for children of all linguistic and cultural backgrounds.
REFORMA Southeast Día de los Libros/Día de los Niños (DIA) 2014 Mini-Grant details:
1. Two $100 mini-grants will be awarded to a public or school library to implement a new DIA event or to add to an existing DIA event. The event must emphasize the importance of advocating literacy for children of all linguistic and cultural backgrounds.
2. The DIA event must be held between April 4th and May 12th, 2014.
3. In order to be eligible, public and school libraries must be within the REFORMA Southeast service area (Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, Tennessee, and Virginia) OR have a staff person who is a member of REFORMA Southeast.
4. Mini-grant winners must agree that publicity of their event will identify REFORMA Southeast as sponsor/partial sponsor.
5. Winners will be required to submit a description of their DIA event, along with photos, to be featured on the Reforma Southeast website.
All applications must be completed by March 17, 2014. Grant recipients will be notified by March 19, 2013 by email. Additionally, their names will be posted on our website (www.reformasoutheast.org).
All organizations presenting a DIA event are encouraged to register their event at http://cs.ala.org/websurvey/alsc/dia/index.cfm. While supplies last, libraries which register in the national DIA registry will receive free booklists and other materials which they can use to promote their DIA event. For ideas on DIA events, visit: http://dia.ala.org/resources.
Questions may be addressed to Reforma Southeast President Jessica English at email@example.com.