The points the program will address;
• Dream It: Knowledge and ResourcesStudents will gain knowledge about the history of the social justice movement, such as immigration, LGBTQ, women and indigenous rights to better understand the political and social moment in which we find ourselves.
• Power it: Leadership DevelopmentStudents will learn from experience and local organizers about how the roots of organizing play an important role in society. They will gain knowledge about the organization of philosophy, campaign training, self-history and critical thinking skills through a framework of racial justice and intersectionality.
• Make it: Take ActionYoung people will have the opportunity to organize events, conduct surveys, participate in forums, organize in communications and digital.
• Feel it : Sustainability to the communityStudents will learn and grow by fun activities such as activism, music-vism, art-vism and wellness healing. Workshops for college preparation, tutoring, and scholarships will be offered.
You will learn about :
• The government system and the current political climate • Advocacy and how it shapes the political conversation• Public speaking skills and interpersonal skills• Community Organizing and the power of people• How to organize community events and actions • Civic Engagement
Location & Times • Albuquerque UNM - Monday - Thursday, 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm Highland High School - Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday 10:00 am -1:00 pm & Tuesday 5:00 pm - 8:00pm • Santa Fe:TBA, Monday - Thursday, 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm • Las Vegas: Highlands Student Union Building #321, 800 National Avenue, Las Vegas NM 87701, 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm • Las Cruces: NMSU Las Cruces Campus- 1220 Steward Street, Las Cruces, NM, 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
For questions please contact us through E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or through our Facebook page. Facebook.com/NewMexicoDreamTeam