CompTIA A+ Final Exams-5
Please make sure to take notes of your answers. At the end of the test, the app will calculate your score and display it to you with the correct answer.
Student Email Address:
1- Mary Giles bought a new hard drive, where in the motherboard Mary will connect the new hard drive?
A - # 2
C- # 7
2- A Network has nodes with the following IP address 192.168.1.45, 192.168.1.44, 192.168.1.43, what is the IP address of the gateway?
3- What is the Maximum length of an internal SATA data cable?
A- 18 Inches
B- 1 meter
4- What is the most common place to install Windows Operating System from ?
B- Windows Folders
5- Which port a user is likely to use to connect a desktop computer to a network?
C. Serial Port
D. Optical S/PDIF
6. What are the two devices needed to connect that LAN to the Internet?
A. A printer and a laptop
B. A Router and a bridge
C. A hub and a switch
D. A wireless card and a NIC
7. Which DVI connector can accept only digital signals?
8. Which of the following ports can be found on video cards?
9. In theory, how many USB devices can you connect to a single host controller?
10. Which connector provides poor video quality and found in most desktop computers?
11. Which of the following is the best option for storing 6,153 MB of data on one disc?
A. DVD-9 DL
B. CD-R 48x
C. DVD-5 SL
D. RAID 5
12. Which of the following memory technologies enables protection against random inconsistencies when storing data?
13. What component of the computer execute the commands?
A. I/O busses
B. Expansion slots
14. Which of the following motherboards are you most likely to see in modern systems? (Select the best answer)
C. Baby ATX
15. In what circumstance should you open a power supply?
A. You open a power supply for routine cleaning.
B. If the computer suddenly won't start up, you can check and replace the fuse inside the power supply.
C. If you see s flash of light or see smoke coming out, you should open the power supply.
D. Never open a power supply. It's not safe.
16. What type of memory will a smartphone typically use for storage of video?
17. You have been tasked with configuring two drives for maximum performance. Which of the following RAID types should you select?
A. RAID 0
B. RAID 1
C. RAID 5
D. RAID 10
18. Which of the following is an input device that you might use with video games?
19. Which of the following is the most common type of networking connector?
20. Which of the following printer technologies uses piezoelectric pressure pads to produce small bubbles that are moved to the paper?
21. You are working on a laptop? Which of the following devices requires you to remove the CPU to replace it?
B. Keyboard backlight
C. Function key
D. System board
22. Which component inside the CPU holds data before and after processing?
23. What type of memory is an L1 cache?
24. Which component sets the clock speed of the motherboard?
C. System crystal
D. ZIF crystal
25. What technology enables a single-core CPU to appear as two CPUs?
B. Quad Core
26. Which of the following has the shortest wireless range for printing?
27. A laptop's battery fails to charge. Which of the following should be checked first?
A. DC-in jack
B. AC-in jack
C. CMOS battery
D. AC circuit breaker
28. Which of the following resolution modes by design provides the best possible visual quality on an LCD monitor?
29. Which of the following features makes logical processor cores appear as physical cores to the operating system?
B. MMU virtualization
D. XD bit
30. Which of the following cables protects data from EMI?
A. Fiber optic
31. Which of the following wireless standards can operate at two different channel widths within the same spectrum at the same time?
32. You are required to install a printer on a Windows 7 Professional x86 workstation. Which print driver do you need to complete the installation?
33. Which type of RAM never needs periodic refreshing?
D. DDR SDRAM
34. How many pins does a stick of DDR3 RAM for the desktop use?
A. 108 pins
B. 186 pins
C. 205 pins
D. 240 pins
35. Which type of RAM is used mainly for cache memory?
D. DDR SDRAM
36. Which type of display uses the most power?
C. LED with backlight
37. What is the location of the component that provide support to the USB port?
38- Which of the following types is used by AMD CPU?
A- Sockett 775
B- Socket FM1
C- Socket 1155
D- Socket 144
39- Which of the following is an example of MAC address?
B. 4410:FF11:AAB3: 0012
40- A network printer is printing shadow image, what the technician should do to resolve this issue?
A. Replace the drum
B. Replace the tonner
C. Replace the fuser
D- Replace the printer
41- Which of the following cable types would most likely experience degraded video signal quality over long distances?
42- What tool is needed to attach a RJ45 plug to patch cable?
B- Punchdown tool
C. Cable tester
43- What is the protocol to use to make sure a website is safe for financial transaction?
44- What is the first thing to do before installing memory module in a PC?
A. Disconnect the PC from the wall outlet
B. Shut down the PC
C. Clean the case
D. Do nothing
45- What is the last of the six-steps troubleshooting process?
A. Question the User
B. Verify full system functionality
C. Establish a theory of probable cause.
D. Document findings
46- Which motherboard form factor measures 12 inches X 9.6 inches?
47- Which of the following is used by the CPU to communicate with system memory?
48- Which component supplies power to the CMOS when the computer is off?
A. Lithium battery
C. Power Supply
49- What a good Technician will always do before installing a motherboard? (select the best answer)
A. Install the CPU
B. Employ ESD prevention methods
C. Verify that it is compatible with the case
D. Test the motherboard with a multi-tester
50. Which of the following is the common cause of motherboard failure?
A. Power surge
C. CPU overheated
51- Which of the following represents the speed of a CPU?
A. The external clock speed of the motherboard
B-The DMI speed
C- The Internal Clock Speed
D. Bus speed
52- Which of the following is the fastest cache memory?
53- When buying a CPU what component it has to be compatible with?
D- Clock speed
54. Which Technology divides the RAM slots in tow colors?
55- Which of the following is the Intel name for the north-bridge?
A. Legacy hub
B. Memory controller hub
56 - Which device should be used to protect computers against power outages?
B. Surge Protector
C. Power Strip
57- Which of the following is an unexpected increase in voltage?
58- Which voltages are supplied by a Molex Connector?
A. 12v and 16 v
B. 5v and 3.3v
C. 24v and 5v
D. 12v and 5 v
59- What is the maximum data transfer rate for SATA Rev 2.0?
A. 3.0 Mb/s
B. 600 MB/s
C. 300 MB/s
D. 1.5 GB/s
60- Which of the following devices is hot-swappable?
B- Tape drive
C. Hard drive
D. DVD drive
61- What x refers to in Compact Disc technology?
A. 150 MB/s
B. 1.32 MB/s
C. 150 KB/s
D. 4.5 MB/s
62- Which of the following has the largest potential for storage capacity?
63- which of the following media can be used for a local installation of Windows 8?
A. PXE network
B. DVD - ROM
64- What is the minimum CPU required for Windows 8?
A. 1 GHz
B. 1 GB
C. 16 GB
65- Which edition of Windows 8 can Windows 7 ultimate be upgraded to ?
A. Windoews 8 pro
B. Windows 8
C. Windows 8 Enterprise
D. Windows 8 Ultimate
66-What is the minimum RAM requirement for Windows 7 (64-bit) ?
B. 2 GB
C. 1536 MB
D. 768 MB
67- Where can you find out if your current operating system can be upgraded to Windows 7 ?
B. Windows Upgrade Advisor
68- Which of the following are possible ways to install Windows 7 ?
A.From a CD
B. from a SD card
D. From a DVD or USB drive
69- Which of the following is the minimum memory requirement for Windows Vista?
A. 2 GB
B. 256 MB
C. 512 MB
D. 768 MB
70- A small arrow at the lower-left corner of an icon identifies it as what?
A. Super Icon
B. An icon sent to the recycle Bin
C- A short cut
D. A Large file
71. What can a user do to cut back on the amount of resources that Windows 7 uses? (Select the best answer)
A. Increase RAM
B. Use the Classic theme.
C. Disable some of the Performance Options
D. Use the computer less.
72. Which utility groups snap-ins into one window?
A. Computer Management
73. Which of the following should be typed in the Run prompt to open Device Manager?
74. Where is the best place to get a driver for a video card?
B. USB flash drive
C. Manufacturer's website
D. Microsoft's website
75. Which of the following commands stops a service in the Command Prompt?
A. spooler stop
B. network stop
C. net stop
76. Which power management mode stores data on the hard drive?
77. Which of these is the boot loader for Windows?
D. Boot Manager
78. Which command creates a directory?
79. Which Windows Update option is not recommended?
A. Download Updates but Let Me Choose Whether to Install Them
B. Install Updates Automatically
C. Never Check for Updates
D. Check for Updates but Let Me Choose Whether to Download and Install Them
80. Where can you launch Windows Update in Windows 8? (Select the best answer)
A. Click Start and then click Windows Update
B. Control Panel
C. System window
81. Which program removes temporary files?
A. Backup and restore
B. Disk Cleanup
C. System Restore
D. Disk Defragmenter
82. Where would yo go in Windows to enable System Restore? (Select the best answer)
A. The System Properties window
B. The Advanced Protection tab of the System Properties window
C. Task Manager
D. The System Protection tab of the System Properties window
83. Which of the following is accomplished by defragging a drive?
A. File sectors are made contiguous
B. The drive is checked for errors.
C. The MBR is rewritten.
D. The pagefile size is incresed.
84. Which option starts the system with a minimal set of drivers?
A. Last Known Good Configuration
B. System Restore
C. Safe Mode
D. Debugging Mode
85. A Stop error could manifest itself as what?
A. A BSOD
B. An Event Viewer error
C. An Action Center notification
D. An Internet Explorer error
86. Which of the following might cause a blue screen?
A. A faulty DVD-ROM
B. A CPU without a fan
C. Bad drivers
D. A program compatibility issue
87. Which commands can fix lost files? (Select the best answer)
C. chdsk/ R
D. bootrec/ fixmbr
88. Which command can copy multiple files and entire directory trees?
89. Which of the following supports digital only connections?
90. Which of the following offers a superior viewing angle?
91. You receive a computer that has a broken on-board DVI connector. What should you attempt first?
A. Replace the motherboard
B. Replace the DVI connector
C. Install a video card.
D. Use an adapter
92. How far apart can two PCs that share the same 10/100/1000BaseT switch be placed?
A. 1000 meters
B. 330 meters
C. 200 meters
D. 100 meters
93. To provide a physical and electronic connection from a computer to a network, what must be installed?
A. A switch
B. A router
C. A NIC
D. A crossover cable
94. What is the maximum distance for a 10/100/1000BaseT segment?
A. 1000 meters
B. 330 meters
C. 185 meters
D. 100 meters
95. Which of these wireless networking technologies uses the 5-GHz frequency range?
96. What is the maximum range of a Class III Bluetooth device?
A. 1 meter
B. 30 feet
C. 10 meters
D. 300 feet
97. Which encryption method offers the best security?
98. What is the port number for the HTTPS service?
99. What is the process of using or manipulating people to gain access to network resources?
C. Network engineering
D. Social engineering
100. Which of the following offers the best file system security?
C. Privacy filter
D. Security-minded tech
Mattapan Tech is a non-profit organization that relies on individual and corporate donation to sustain its programs. We are striving to provide good training programs to empower the people in our community. Our graduation is one of the way to show that we have students in the school and we need jobs and resources to support them. More than 25% of our graduating students have declared that the will not participate to our graduation,that will make it difficult for our staff to secure jobs for our graduates. You understand that if you don't participate at the school graduation on June 25, you will no be qualified to any of the privileges that the school accord to its graduates.
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Mattapan/ Greater Boston Technology Learning Center, Inc..
Terms of Service