The Rooted program is a friendship and mentorship program that connects incoming students with an older, more experienced student to be there for them as they enter this new season of life. Your mentor is the person you can ask to grab lunch with, get a ride to Walmart or church from, ask for directions to a building on campus, or with adjusting to life in college. Think of them like an older sibling, or like a Greek life "big" but rooted in Christ.
These are the tenets of the Rooted program:
1. Roots keep the tree stable - Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 and Ephesians 4:13
2. Roots are grouped together - Hebrews 10:24-25
3. Roots absorb nutrients to grow - John 6:63 and Psalm 119:103
4. Roots start small - 1 Peter 2:2-3 or Hebrews 5:13-14
5. Roots grow downward but bear fruit upward - John 15:4-5