Call for Volunteers-West Africa Youth IGF
The West African Youth IGF is created with a goal of encouraging and involving young people in a substantive discussion on Internet governance across the West African region. This formation will follow the main IGF principles of being open, inclusive, non-commercial with multistakeholder participation during the whole preparatory phase and the event itself, all in line with a bottom-up decision-making process.
As a build up towards this year's conference slated to come off in July, the steering committee seeks to work with two (2) volunteers from all 16 West African countries who will be tasked with the below tasks to support in the success of the conference:
• Act as the first point of contact in sharing information with regards the program
• Send sponsorship letters to target companies and follow up whilst maintaining constant feedback with the team.
• Contribute to event planning in at least two(2) of the below units where you are skilled and function effectively in addition to facilitating sponsorship. Planning units include:
i. Design Support : For all artworks, logo and e-flier designs
ii. Logistics Support: Work with team in procuring all logistics for the event
iii. Publicity: Help in publicizing the event in all media forms possible
iv. Invitation and Protocol Unit: Follow up on all Invitations and work with team relating to travel and visa issues
• Access to conferences and internships with the Youth IGF Society
• Opportunity to meet and network with other likeminded volunteers
• Mentorship opportunity from leading experts in IGF society
• Avenue to build working experience
• Opportunity to enrich ones CV
• Personal Skills Development
Deadline for submitting the form is Saturday, 19th May, 2019. 2300h GMT
Phone number (e.g +233**********)
Country of Residence
Sao Tome & Principe
Do you have any prior engagement in Internet Governance with any society? How will you rate yourself?
In bullet points, list the society and your role.
Which of the planning units below in addition to facilitating sponsorship, would you like to take on? ( Choose at least 2)
Invitation and Protocol
Do you agree to commit at least eight (8) hours of work weekly to this volunteers role?
Yes, I agree
We are thrilled to work with you. Thank you for your continuous efforts!
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service