Assistant Leader Application
All applicants will be asked to shadow at least 2 classes (2 hours each). This allows you to see what and how this program works, get a feel for the staff team and the flow of programs and evaluate the fit for your life. This also gives us a chance to assess your fitness for this program. Know that position availability, hours and length of position are all variable depending on program registration. We cannot guarantee hours even after hiring, but will always work hard to be fair and flexible.
● Complete shadowing at least 2 Ventura Wild classes depending on your work-experience.
● Commit to all 8 classes within the program (Sickness or unavoidable emergencies happen. Sub policy below)
● A commitment of at least 6 months
● Current first aid and CPR
● 1 year experience / education in the field of outdoor recreation, education and / or natural sciences with children
● A strong interest in working with children outdoors
● A strong interest and commitment to expand personal mentoring, naturalist and wilderness skills
● Responsible, timely and with good follow through
● Enjoy working with a team
● (Preferred) Be available to work at least two weeks of summer programs between June 15 - July 15
● Can commit to the whole 8 week program series
● Comfortable driving a 15 passenger van full of kids (summer only)
Have reliable transportation to and from work
● Have reliable cell phone and computer with internet access at your home.
● Check your email and texts daily and respond promptly – within the day unless other agreement has been made. (If you are traveling or off grid)
● Attend seasonal and pre-planned staff meetings and gathering
● Attend annual staff training near June 1
● Clearly communicate concerns and problems immediately to co-leaders and program director
● Arrive at each program 30 minutes before the start to check-in with co-leaders and stay 15 minutes after to debrief.
Date of Birth
Experience Working With Kids
Pertinent employment only: Organizations, location, positions, dates of employment, rate of pay, basic responsibilities
Degree, Area of study, Dates of completion, Other Certifications, Trainings, etc.
Briefly explain your strengths and skills relevant to Ventura Wild
What time commitment do you want to give to Ventura Wild?
Just a day here and there as needed
Once a week for an 8 week session
Week-long summer camp
Weekend events only
Business development and behind the scenes assistance
I would love to do a trade / barter as a way to reduce the cost for my child’s participation
If trade / barter option checked, explain:
What are your long term career goals?
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service