EducationUSA Romania Opportunity Funds Program
The Opportunity Funds Program helps financially needy students pursue their dream of applying to higher education institutions in the United States. In Romania, funding is provided by the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, as well as the U.S. Embassy in Bucharest, and supports international students who have no financial means with the fees associated with the application process to U.S. undergraduate or graduate degree programs.
Opportunity Funds offers no guarantee of acceptance or financial aid awards at U.S. institutions.
To be eligible for Opportunity funding, a student must:
- be a citizen of, or officially recognized refugee in Romania;
- work closely with an EducationUSA Adviser throughout the application process and actively participate in the designated cohort program;
- apply to undergraduate programs (BA/BS) at accredited U.S. higher education institutions and for sufficient financial aid to meet the student's need;
- demonstrate that they and their family are not able to pay for the application process;
- Alumni of FLEX and UGRAD programs are welcome to apply.
Ineligible applicants include:
- students currently studying at or who have graduated from a U.S. higher education institution;
- U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and their immediate relatives regardless of citizenship /residency status;
- employees and their immediate family members of EducationUSA Advising Centers, Fulbright Commission or a U.S. Embassy are not eligible for Opportunity funding.
Page 1 of 11
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Institute of International Education.