A Dog's Diet: What are you feeding your dog?
My name is Hannah and I'm a third-year Veterinary Physiotherapy student at Warwickshire College. As part of my dissertation, I am investigating what people are feeding their dogs and pet health. I would be grateful if you could take 5 - 10 minutes to complete this form and be a part of this exciting research. If you have more than one dog with an orthopedic injury please fill out a separate questionnaire. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me on
. Thank you.
T&Cs and Informed Consent: You can withdraw from participation anytime up until you press submit. Your submission will not be shared with 3rd parties and will be secured safely in order to adhere to GDPR. Participants must be over the age of 18 to complete this survey.
By ticking this box I agree with the above terms and conditions and informed consent.
Yes, I agree with the above and I am happy to continue with the survey.
1. Has your dog had an orthopaedic injury (bones and joints) at some point in its life? If 'yes' or 'under investigation' please proceed to question 2. If 'no' thank you very much for taking the time to look at my questionnaire, you are not required to fill out any more questions.
2. How old are you?
18 - 24
25 - 29
30 - 39
40 - 49
50 - 59
60 - 69
3. What gender do you identify with?
Prefer not to say
4. Are you the primary feeder of your dog?
5. Where is the dog food purchased from? (If you purchase from more than one place please select only the place you buy from the most)
Pet shop (e.g. Pets at Home, Pets Corner, independent pet shops)
Supermarket (e.g. Tesco's, Co-Op, ASDA)
6. What breed is your dog? (please note that dogs such as 'Labradoodles', 'Cockapoos' and 'Jugs' should be identified as crossbreeds)
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
English Springer Spaniel
Jack Russell Terrier
Poodle (Toy, Mini, Standard)
Schnauzer (Mini, Standard)
Staffordshire Bull Terrier
West Highland White Terrier
7. If you answered 'crossbreed' please specify what breeds your dog is crossed with (e.g. Poodle X Labrador). If you selected 'other' please specify your dog's breed.
8. How old is your dog?
Less than a year old
1 - 3 years old
4 - 6 years old
7 - 9 years old
10 - 12 years old
9. What sex is your dog?
10. Is your dog neutered?
11. If your dog is neutered approximately how old were they when they were neutered. If they are not neutered please continue to question 12.
12. What is your primary reason for owning a dog?
13. If your dog works/competes please specify what it does. If your dog does not work/compete please go to question 14.
14. What best describes your dog's current diet?
Kibble (dry food)
Store bought wet food (e.g. Forthglade, Butchers)
Kibble and store bought wet food mix
Pre-made RAW diet (e.g. Natures Menu, Natural Instinct)
Home-made BARF diet consisting of 60-80% meat and bones and 20-40% fruit and vegetables.
Home-made RAP diet (Prey Model) consisting of 80:10:10.
Home-made cooked diet
15. Approximately how long has your dog been on his/her current diet?
16. Why have you chosen this diet?
Pet shop recommended
17. Does your dog have any medical issues not including orthopedic i.e. diabetes? Please specify any medical issues below. If your dog does not have any medical issues please go to question 18.
18. Is your dog on any medications? (Not including flea and worm treatments). If 'Yes' please list them below. If 'No' please go to question 19.
19. Do you give your dog supplements? If 'Yes' please list them below. If 'No' please go to question 21.
20. Why do you give supplements?
I decided to supplement my dog through doing my own research
My vet recommended
21. What was/is your dog's orthopaedic injury? (Select all that apply)
OCD (Osteochrondritis Dissecans) (anywhere in the body)
Arthritis (anywhere in the body)
Elbow Ununited Aconeal Process (elbow incongruity)
Cervical Spondylomyelopathy (Wobblers)
Lumbosacral disease (wear and tear of the lumbosacral joint)
Hip Dysplasia (THR/FHNE)
Cranial Cruciate Ligament Injury (TPLO/TTA)
Patella Luxation (all grades)
Angular Limb Deformities (rotation of the bones in the limb)
Fractures/Broken bones (anywhere in the body)
22. If you selected 'other' please specify.
23. Was your dog on his/her current diet when injured?
24. If you selected 'no' to the previous question please specify what diet your dog was on when he/she was injured.
25. What is your personal opinion on processed dog food? (kibble and wet food e.g. Arden Grange and Pedigree Chum, not including specially formulated food). You can be as brief or detailed as you like or leave this question blank.
26. What is your personal opinion on pre-made RAW diets? (e.g. Natural Instinct, Wolf Tucker). You can be as brief or detailed as you like or leave this question blank.
27. What is your personal opinion on home-made RAW diets? (ingredients bought from the butcher and prepared at home from scratch). You can be as brief or detailed as you like or leave this question blank.
28. What is your personal opinion on specially formulated food? (e.g. Royal Canin, Hills Science Plan, Tails.com). You can be as brief or detailed as you like or leave this question blank.
29. What is your personal opinion on vegetarian/vegan diets for dogs? You can be as brief or detailed as you like or leave this question blank.
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Warwickshire College Group.