Auggie Basics Application Form - Housing
As part of the Augsburg University Equity Proposal, the Auggie Basics - Housing initiative is designed to address the needs of students who experience housing instability. The purpose of the program is to provide a bridge for students whose housing is not stable as they seek to identify a permanent solution.
Students accepted into the Auggie Basics Program will live on campus without cost to the student. Regardless of when students enter the program, the housing commitment will cover the full academic year if needed. If the student secures permanent housing elsewhere, they will be released from the program and the spot will be offered to another student. Summer housing may be an option. Students must reapply each academic year. Being chosen for the Auggie Basics program one year does not guarantee participation in future years.
As part of the program, students will be encouraged to utilize resources on campus. These include but are not limited to the Center for Wellness and Counseling, the Center for Learning and Accessible Student Services (CLASS) office, TRiO/SSS, Academic Advising, Multicultural Student Services, Student Affairs office, etc. The Dean of Students will provide ongoing communication and support throughout the academic year to make sure students are aware of resources and may access them as necessary.
To apply, please complete the application below. If you have any questions, please contact
or call the Student Affairs office at 612 330 1160.
Please answer all of the following questions with as much detail as you are comfortable providing.
I am applying for:
Summer 2020 Only
Summer 2020 and 2020-2021 Academic Year
2020-2021 Academic Year Only
1. Where did you live before starting college at Augsburg (for example: in high school)?
2. Where do you live currently?
3. What changed in your circumstances that the responses to questions #1 & #2 are no longer viable living arrangements for you? Please elaborate.
4. What resources have you used to assist you in your housing situation (for example: public housing, food resources, or people, agencies, etc)? Please elaborate.
5. How many semesters have you completed at Augsburg? (Excluding Summer Terms)
This will be my first semester at Augsburg
6. At the end of which semester do you intend to graduate?
8. What additional barriers are you experiencing currently that contribute to your housing instability? Please be as complete as possible.
9. If you receive the Auggie Basics Housing Grant (a bridge grant as you seek stable housing), what will you do next year to find stable housing?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Augsburg University.