Lights Out Baltimore Migration Pledge
Join our efforts to save migratory birds by creating a safe pathway for migratory and resident birds.
Commercial Building owners/tenants are asked to pledge the following during the peak spring and fall migration months of April, May, September, and October between the hours of 11pm-6am.
* Turn off exterior decorative lighting
* Extinguish spot and flood-lights where necessary
* Reduce lobby and atrium lighting where possible
* Turn off interior lighting, especially on upper floors and encourage task lighting for security or cleaning staff.
* Down-shield exterior lighting or limit to ground level
Commercial Building owners/tenants will receive a decal to display as a participating building/business. A joint press release by Lights Out Baltimore and USFWS Chesapeake Office will be announced of your commitment to reduce costs, energy, and save birds and bats from light pollution.
Homeowners/Renters are asked to pledge the following during the peak spring and fall migration months of April, May, September, and October between the hours of 11pm-6am.
* Turn off spot lights and/or decorative outdoor lighting
* Turn off interior lights when leaving a room
* Draw blinds/shades if indoor lighting required after 11pm
* Use down-shielded lighting outdoors
* Where possible, put outdoor lighting on timers and/or motion sensors
* Outdoor lighting should be gold or amber colored to reduce light pollution. Stay away from white cool color shaded of lighting. Think warm colors!
Homeowners/Renters will receive a decal to display as a participating community member dedicated to reducing costs, energy, and saving birds and bats from light pollution.
Business Name (if commercial building/business)
City, State, Zip
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service