RESULTS is celebrating its 40th Anniversary this year. It's a great time to be at the 2020 International Conference (IC), June 20-23 to continue our fight to end poverty globally and in the US, connect with RESULTS' rich history, and get together with new and long-time RESULTS advocates.
We recognize that participating in the IC is a financial investment that some of us are not able to fund alone. So, RESULTS offers limited monies to active, U.S.-based RESULTS volunteers to help fill gaps in funding. Our priority in 2020 is to have all RESULTS chapters represented at the conference, so we will prioritize this in Gap Funding awards. We encourage you to explore other funding options before applying for RESULTS Gap Funding (see our "TIPS" below) so these precious resources can support many advocates to come to the IC.
1. Gap funding will be approved on a rolling basis, so when it's gone, it's gone. Apply early. Also, we will not consider applications received after June 1.
2. Request ONLY WHAT YOU ABSOLUTELY NEED. This is not a scholarship fund--it is designed to fill gaps in funding after you have explored all other options.
3. Gap Funding awards will go directly toward payment for registration, transportation booked by RESULTS, or lodging at the Capitol Hilton Washington DC, the site of the IC.
4. Visit https://results.org/conference/about/
for more conference details.
TIPS for Reducing Your IC Expenses:
1. Create a "Go Fund Me" page (www.gofundme.com
). Include the statement: "Your gift supports me directly and is not a gift to RESULTS. It is not tax deductible. To make a gift to RESULTS, go to www.results.org/donate
2. Seek funding in your community from entities who support civic engagement (Rotary, faith communities, mayor and/or community development offices, community foundations, colleges/universities, etc.).
3. Use RESULTS' "Community Request for Financial Support" letter to help you make your requests: https://results.org/resources/2020-international-conference-resources/
3. Take Megabus or carpool to the conference--the earlier you book on Megabus, the cheaper it is.
4. Book your flight on a budget airline like Frontier, Spirit, or Allegiant.
5. Share a hotel room with up to 4 people, rent an AirBnB, check Hostels International or other housing options.
Looking forward to seeing you in DC. Be sure to invite others to join us!