Choose the right variant
1. There ___ in the letter.
was sad new
were sad news
was sad news
were sad newses
2. What's ___ treatment for a cough of all?
the most effective
the more effective
3. The company provides ___ assistance on request.
4. The sausages smell ___ don't they?
5. John F. Kennedy was the youngest president of the United States and ___ murdered.
6. Ron knows ___ that one is supposed to know about computers.
7. Agood speaker can say much in ___ words.
8. Tornadoes almost never ___ west of the Rocky Mountains.
9. I ___ in my cabin listening to the gentle sounds of waves.
10. I must stay in, because a parcel.
I have expected
11. When the train ___ through the French countryside it suddenly stopped because of the engine problems.
had been passed
12. I don't want to see this film.I ___ it in the Astoria Cinema recently.
13. Who ___ my scarf? It looks a bit dirty.
had been wearing
has been wearing
14. The building ___ ten minutes before the explosion took place.
had been evacuated
has been evacuated
15. I always buy lottery tickets but I never ___ anything.
16. We had no food at all, and ___ desperate.
17. He arrived late for the meeting because his flight ___.
had been delayed
was being delayed
18. Pete thought that Annette ___.
will come to Paris in an hour, if there are no delays.
would come to Paris in an hour, if there were no delays.
had come to Paris in an hour, if there are no delays.
would have come to Paris in an hour, if there are no delays.
19. Johnny! You ___ play with sharp knives.
20. He ___ me some money but I refused.
offered having lend
offered to lend
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service