2. The classes involve building and programming working LEGO models. LEGO models are assembled using many small plastic and in some cases metal pieces that can easily be swallowed by a child. Classes may also involve the use of small magnetic parts and marbles. Although the class instructors will warn each participant not to place small objects in their mouths and will do their best to enforce this, participation in the classes involves the inherent risk of my child swallowing LEGO or other pieces used to assemble models, which could lead to my child suffering serious injury. In enrolling my child in any classes, I fully accept this risk.
3. I fully understand that the classes will have many other participants interacting with one another. When many children participate in a class together, there is always the risk that one or more children may be ill or infected in some fashion, which may spread to the other participants. I full accept that Bricks and Beyond has no way of monitoring this risk and is not responsible if my child becomes ill or infected whilst participating in any classes.
4. My child is in good health and in proper physical condition to participate in the classes and is current in all immunizations mandated by Washington state law. I have disclosed all known health conditions that apply to my child.
5. There may be other risks and social and economic losses associated with my child’s participation in the classes that are not known to me or foreseeable at this time. I fully accept and assume all such risks and all responsibility for losses, costs, and damages I or my child may incur as a result of my child’s participation in any classes.
6. In consideration of the opportunity to have my child participate in the classes offered by Bricks and Beyond, I, for myself, my personal representatives, assigns, heirs, next of kin, and all those claiming by or through me, consent to and do hereby release, discharge, and forever hold harmless Bricks and Beyond, its members, employees, instructors who may assist Bricks and Beyond in running the classes, and any and all persons and entities whose property and/or personnel are involved in the classes or provide materials or equipment for the classes from responsibility for any injuries or harm of any nature whatsoever that I or my child may suffer, or for any damage whatsoever to my or my child’s clothing or personal property as a result, either directly or indirectly, of my child’s participation in the classes offered by Bricks and Beyond.
7. I further agree that if, despite this release and waiver, I or anyone on my behalf, makes a claim against any of these releasees, I will indemnify, save and hold harmless each release from any litigation expenses, attorney fees, loss, liability, damage or cost which any may incur as a result of such claim, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
8. Bricks and Beyond shall have the right at any time and in its sole discretion, to deny my child admission to any of the classes and to remove my child from any of the classes without having to furnish any reasons for its decision.
9. In the event of an accident, all reasonable efforts will be made to contact the parent immediately. However, if the injury or illness appears serious and the parent cannot be reached, the adult in charge will secure emergency treatment.