CALL FOR PROPOSALS 2022 Conference
The International Association of Laboratory Schools Annual Conference 2022 - April 6th – April 8th, 2022 at the University of North Alabama
HARMONIOUS COLLABORATIONS: A CELEBRATION OF LAB SCHOOLS BRIDGING RESEARCH TO BEST PRACTICES
With strong support, laboratory schools offer promise as both top performing schools and sites that explore what is possible when sound, innovative instructional practices are a priority. Laboratory Schools provide environments that are conducive to research and identifying strategies that are developmentally appropriate.
At the 2022 conference, we want to create an opportunity for schools to share their stories on how research is conducted and applied in the laboratory school setting. We also want to focus on the importance of a commitment to a collaborative culture and a collective responsibility focused on student learning across stakeholder groups. We welcome applications for presentations, workshops, papers, and posters about the following areas and their impact on students both within and outside of the school setting:
1. Collaboration efforts with various stakeholder groups
2. Bridging the gap between research and practice
3. Designing and implementing innovative instructional experiences
We invite you to consider addressing some of the following questions:
• How has the laboratory school addressed collaboration during the recent pandemic?
• How has collaboration impacted student learning?
• How has collaboration impacted faculty practice?
• What structures are in place that benefit laboratory school students and preservice teachers?
• What innovative instructional experiences have been designed and/or implemented in the S.T.E.A.M. (science, technology, engineering, the arts, and mathematics) areas?
• What structures are in place to ensure effective teaching practices are occurring in every classroom?
• How do you lead a professional learning community?
• How do you extend learning opportunities for students that need additional support?
• How do you extend learning opportunities for students that are highly proficient?
All interested Lab School educators, researchers, administrators, and professors are welcome to apply.
Proposals are due: January 31, 2022 at 11:59PM Central Time (United States)
We look forward to reviewing our submissions!
Sign in to Google
to save your progress.
This proposal is for
the poster session.
My participation will be
Laboratory/University Affiliated School
Preferred email address
Daytime telephone number
Title of Presentation/Workshop or Poster
Focus of your presentation/workshop or poster
Teacher Education/Professional Development
Documentation and Dissemination
Collaboration within and between schools
You may submit a proposal for either or both the poster and the presentation/workshop.
Complete one or both of the following sections.
Presentations and workshops are allotted 25 minutes which should include at least 5 minutes for discussion and questions.
Please provide the following details if your intent is to prepare a presentation/workshop.
A one-paragraph description of your proposed presentation/workshop, suitable for the conference program. Please describe what participants can expect to experience, and identify your intended audience.
An abstract (250 words or less) describing your presentation plans in more detail.
A brief paragraph introduction for each presenter, suitable for reading by the session moderator, and to display in the conference program.
Please provide the following details if your intent is to prepare a poster.
A one-paragraph abstract of your showcase poster with brief description, title, and possible format which may include; videos, photos, poster, multimedia, hands on manipulatives. Please describe what viewers will learn from your display.
A detailed description, of 250 words or less, about your presentation plans in detail. Begin envisioning your display space within the showcase room and describe what technology you might bring to enhance your presentation.
A brief paragraph introduction for each presenter, suitable for reading by the session presider, and to display in the conference program.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service