What kind of events we're looking for, and what resources we have for you...
We were successful in a grant from the Maungakiekie-Tāmaki Local Board, which has given us some funds to be able to pay our creators to run events through out Maungakiekie-Tāmaki. We will be running 11 events, that will be based in different locations through out Maungakiekie and Tāmaki.
Each creator that is selected will receive:
- 9 hours paid work to set up, promote and run the event (they will need to be able to work as a contractor for these hours)
- Vouchers to give to 2 x event volunteers
- Event fees and resources support
- Petrol voucher
- Access to any Hub Zero Resources
- Support from Rākau Tautoko Practitioner, Tara to help create and develop the event
The event can be anything to do with waste reduction and upcycling, while bringing people together. It will need to be a free event for people to attend. We are anticipating about 15-30 people attending each event.
We will be more likely to be interested in your event if it:
- Is connected in some way to the area (Maungakiekie-Tāmaki)
- Includes upcycling from waste
- Caters to all types of people (any ethnicity, any age group, any ability)
- Is run as a Zero Waste Event
- Collaborates in any way, with any local groups