1. Complete this form by Friday July 20th, 2018
2. Email a letter of recommendation to the Earn and Learn Career Pathways Program (firstname.lastname@example.org) or deliver in a sealed envelope to: Ryan Mattingly 1555 Poydras Street Suite 700 New Orleans, LA 70112
The letter of recommendation should be from any adult who knows you well and supports your application, such as a supervisor, teacher, or staff person at a program you recently attended.
About the Program:
At the Earn and Learn Program, young people aged 18 to 24 have the opportunity to work in a paid apprenticeship, earn college credit, obtain soft and technical skills training and gain support in finding meaningful work and education after graduation. Our next 9-month program opportunity will begin on August 27th in partnership with Tulane University.
- Participants work for and are paid by Tulane University in Skilled Crafts/Advanced Manufacturing, Creative Digital Media/IT positions or Front Office Sales/Marketing positions.
- Participants can earn industry certifications through academic partners, such as the Accelerated Career Education program at Delgado Community College.
- Participants can earn college credit by attending courses with Bard Early College of New Orleans.
In total, participants spend approximately 30-35 hours a week in the program: part time working for Tulane or the Hilton Riverside and the other portion of the time in the classroom engaged in academic, technical, and social-emotional coursework.
Requirements:- Participants must be 18-24 years old- Participants must have obtained a high school diploma or equivalency (Hi-Set or GED) by July 20th, 2018
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com or by phone at (504) 274-3623.