Petition to Begin Student-Led Sustained Dialogue (SD) Groups at _______.
I’m signing (and/or sharing) this petition to express my interest in joining a Sustained Dialogue group because:
- This campus is divided and we need a new way of interacting rather than writing each other off.
- We have a chance to build understanding across difference, not just to engage with people like us or who agree with us.
- Many students don’t have a place to share, make mistakes, and ask questions of people they respect when it comes to race, gender, ethnicity, spirituality, sexual orientation, disability, mental health, socioeconomic status, Israel-Palestine, politics, and more.
- I think our campus could be much better at “listening deeply enough to be changed by what we learn” (the definition of dialogue).
This can work because:
- Other campuses have had success engaging across difference through SD.
- SD involves training, continuous rather than one-time meetings, and is built to lead to action.
- Face-to-face SD groups aren’t effective unless they involve interest from all backgrounds, including mine.
We are seeking at least __ signatures from diverse community members. This is not a commitment to participate, but a show of interest and support for interacting through dialogue rather than arguing.
For more info or to meet other organizers, contact _____________ at ____________.
If you're interested in others getting involved, please forward the link you received for this form to interested people.
After submitting you can see others who have signed so far.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Sustained Dialogue Institute.