Call for Proposal: Carolinas WPA Conference at Wildacres, Fall 2019
We encourage individual or team proposals from people in the Carolinas who are working in any teaching, research, or administrative positions related to writing. We welcome proposals related to this year's theme of Holding Space: Trauma, Community, and Care in Writing Programs.
Two different conversation-style presentation types will facilitate conversations around this theme:
1. How We Help: Share a teaching method or writing program leadership strategy that is working well at your site. Or present findings from a study you’re involved in that would interest writing teachers and WPAs. 20 minutes includes feedback time.
2. Help We Need: Describe a teaching, program leadership, or research problem or story that you would like help thinking about with other attendees. 20 minutes includes feedback time.
1. Names and contact information (email, phone, home institution) for each person associated with your proposal
2. Type of presentation (How We Help, Help We Need)
3. A title and 200-word (more or less) description for the program
Proposal deadline: 11:59PM Monday, August 26, 2019.
Questions: Paula Patch
Presenter 1: name, email, phone, and home institution
Any additional presenters: names, emails, phones, and home institutions
Type of presentation
HELP WE NEED: A teaching, program leadership, or research problem you seek help resolving
HOW WE HELP: An interesting teaching method, program leadership strategy, or findings from a study
Presentation title and brief description (about 200 words)
2-5 key words to tag presentation content
Will 20 minutes be enough time for you to present and get feedback?
If you need a different amount of time, please request a specific length (max 60 min) and explain why.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service