BY SUBMITTING THIS FORM THE APPLICANT CONFIRMS HE/SHE UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT WHILE TEMPORARILY VOLUNTEERING THE FOLLOWING RULES WILL BE EXERCISED AT ALL TIMES WHILE ON THE FESTIVAL SITE, OR THE GROUNDS OF THE ALL-TECH RACEWAY PROPERTY.
1) Must be 18 years or older to apply to volunteer
2) Have a positive, hard-working mentality.
3) Must wear shoes while on shift.
4) Be punctual for your shift(s)
5) Complete all tasks to the very best of your ability and ask for help when needed.
4) Do not leave your shift position until relieved by the next person
5) Be professional and courteous at all times
7) Dress clean and appropriately with emphasis on personal hygiene
8) Ask when un-sure and/or report any concerns immediately to head of security via radio
9) No drugs or alcohol. As a volunteer I will show up for my shifts sober, alert and ready to work
10) Pets during shifts are not allowed. You cannot leave your pet tied up at your camp. If you do not have a person with you that will be responsible for your pet (on a leash always with a person at the other end of the leash always) when you are on shift, then do not bring your pet, or do not volunteer.
Thank you for volunteering. We can't put on the shows with out you.
WHAT WILL VOLUNTEERS BE DOING
At the gate volunteers will be handling the wrist band check positions that people pass after check in when they are entering the site. Also volunteers at the gate will be directing traffic flow. Gate ticket table positions will include checking in people as they arrive circling names on the advance ticket sales list. Also working with cashier for cash sales, putting on the wrist bands. Greeting people as they arrive is an important spot. The gate is their first contact with the Farm to Family event. Happy, friendly people are needed here. Also gate handles registering pets (dogs). The gate check in and ticketing tables require a lot of mental focus and attention to detail.
In the primitive camping area:
Each morning collecting bagged trash that campers place on the traffic loop that goes thru the primitive camping and moving trash to the waste collection site with golf cart or truck. Possibly recycling functions if we can organize it.
In the festival village area (stage area and vending area)
Picking up and bagging trash in the stage area. Putting bottles that were left on the ground in bottle containers, and cans in the can containers. Keeping recycle and trash containers emptied. Patrolling the stage area and picking up all paper scraps and changing trash bags when cans are full to keep area clean throughout the event as well as clean when the event is over on Sunday. We want to leave nothing but foot prints when we are gone.
Watching for underage drinking and calling in via radio anything we should address. Watching for fights and calling that in (never had a fight and don't expect any) Volunteers are not to get involved in breaking up a fight. They only call it in and keep watch to direct other security to the location.
Night time patrol to watch for thieving. This has happened at only one show. Volunteers are not to confront anyone they feel is thieving. They are to call it in and keep watch until other security arrives. Night patrol watches stage and vending area in their walk about. This can be discuss in detail with who ever handles this night time position.