Public Private Partnerships for People Planet Profit
(An initiative of COLEACP – Set up in collaboration with Devex (on 27 November 2013, Tour & Taxis, Brussels – Auditorium B – 16:00)
We, the private sector participants at European Development Days 2013 and, more specifically, industries representing the agrifood sector, taking stock of recent declarations and commitments made at the G8, the United Nations (UN), the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) and World Trade Organization (WTO) declare:
• our renewed commitments in support of the European Commission’s development efforts towards achieving the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs);
• our full support to the spirit and goals of the 2011 Communication “An Agenda for Change” and the 2013 Communication “A Decent Life for All”
• our commitment to expanding on our principles of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), bringing to bear the capacities/strengths of core business, value chains and innovative partnerships towards achieving the MDGs, with particular emphasis on:
- inclusive and sustainable growth, in order to eradicate poverty, protect the planet and offer a future to young people;
- the adoption of sustainable agricultural practices and new low-carbon technologies;
- and towards building a solid Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) framework in which Public Private Partnerships (PPP) play a central role.
We express our commitment to engage in an active dialogue that will allow us to build trust and work together to identify common goals, and to develop practical mechanisms for partnerships that enable us to achieve these goals.
We will work with the European Commission, partner countries, non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and development organisations to establish a structured partnership platform that we will launch formally at the fourth Africa-EU summit in
We will leverage the strengths of our constituency and development initiatives in support of this renewed partnership.
We will seek concrete and measurable results through our support for growth, job creation, agriculture, food and nutrition security, climate adaptation, and health.