Chief Financial Officer
At Biomeme we make things. We make hardware; we work with biological organisms; we hack smartphones. We're looking for passionate people who are skilled with their hands and have impeccable attention to detail. You should be a fast learner and not afraid of tackling challenges both big and small. No task is above or below your pay grade.
Biomeme is as interdisciplinary as it gets. We combine rigorous biology and chemistry with best-in-class hardware and software engineering. It's all wrapped up in sublime user design, with the goal of helping our customers enact real-world change. Guided by data and a belief in the iterative process, we develop elegant solutions to complex problems that demand precision.
Our partners and customers span a wide range of industries across the US, Latin America, Africa and Europe. We've got great traction in health: we're testing for STD's in Philadelphia, Malaria and Ebola virus in Africa, Avian Influenza in Europe, veterinary targets in the Andes and Lyme disease in the US. Outside of health, we have partners in industrial water monitoring, aquaculture, agriculture, conservation biology and more. High school students are testing for mislabeled sushi. Quantified Selfers are tracking their microbiome. Everyday users are even testing their own DNA for genetic markers.
We are also currently working to manufacture and distribute COVID-19 test kits in the United States and Canada. It’s a good time to come onboard.
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline, masters degree or MBA.
Biomeme is an exciting medical diagnostic company which is experiencing extensive growth. We are looking to hire a CFO to lead the company from a financial perspective. You will work alongside the Founders and rest of the executive team, taking ownership of all company fiscal matters. To do well in this role, you should have experience as a CFO or Finance Lead in the health care or related field and, importantly, have emerging growth company experience. Biomeme is a very hands-on company and you should be as comfortable developing board presentations as rolling up your sleeves and digging into the weekly invoices and bills.
- Oversee the company’s fiscal activity, including budgeting, reporting, and auditing.
- Work to create corporate dashboards, financial reports and budgets.
- Assure all corporate structure and tax documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
- Assist with high-level decisions about strategy.
- Help with recruiting new staff members when necessary.
- Supervise all finance personnel.
- Identify and address financial risks and opportunities for the company.
- Review financial reports for ways to reduce costs.
- Work well with the Founders and COO to develop the strategic plan.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline, masters degree or MBA.
- Experience in a senior management position.
- Strong financial and accounting background, including an understanding of profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow management and general finance and budgeting.
- Experience with budget management, public accounting, and cash flow.
- Ability to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions.
- Ability to inspire confidence and create trust.
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively and delegate.
- Ability to strategize and solve problems.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Fluent in Microsoft Excel, with a strong experience in QuickBooks and/or other accounting software. We are implemented Oracle NetSuite so experience there would be a plus.
Upper left corner of the form
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume to
In the subject line: Full Name / Resume / Position Applied For
i.e. Jane Doe / Resume / Chief Financial Officer
Please answer the following questions
Why are you interested in Biomeme?
In one or two sentences please tell us the most impressive thing you have built or achieved.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Biomeme.