Dan Rayburn is conducting an anonymous survey of CE manufacturers, Mobile Operators, Content Companies and MSOs on their use of DRM technologies and platforms. One respondent will be randomly chosen and will win an Apple TV.
If you don't want to put in your email for the drawing, simply type in a fake email.
1. When it comes to implementing a DRM solution, what are the two most important needs you need for your video business?
Extending protection to both VOD and live streaming
Device compatibility and reach
Support for HLS and MPEG-DASH
24/7 vendor technical support
Flexible business models/logic built into the DRM solution (examples: subscription services, advertising, rentals and single purchases)
Access to source code to allow for customization
2. What are the two biggest motivating factors for you when choosing a DRM technology/platform?
The cost of licensing the DRM technology
Cost associated with supporting services such as cloud infrastructure, storage, data transfer and security
Native audio and video codec support
Third-party integrations and interoperability
Compliance with studios and content owners’ DRM requirements
3. Do you feel that DRM features and functionality can sufficiently replace conditional access based solutions?
3.5 If you answered no, what factors are most important when integrating a DRM into a CAS type offering for OTT?
Key-Rotation support and scalability
Regional restriction support
User policies and device management capabilities
Management and ownership of the Certificate Authority
4. When it comes to OTT video, which DRM provider would you rank best based on total cost of ownership considerations?
5. When it comes to OTT video, which DRM provider would you rank best, based on overall performance considerations?
6. Do you believe that a single DRM solution can address how premium content is consumed by all video clients/applications?
7. What are the two metrics that matter to you most in measuring the success of your DRM implementation?
Ease of implementation
8. What is your preferred business model when purchasing a DRM solution?
Monthly, quarterly or bi-annual Royalties based on device shipments
Monthly, quarterly or bi-annual Royalties based on client usage
Annual fee paid upfront
9. What are your top three challenges you’ve faced with any DRM solution?
User experience (requiring the installation of additional plugins or apps to play video)
Developing and maintaining more complex video workflows
Costs (direct and indirect)
Lack of support for both Live and VOD content
Lack of platform/device reach
Ambiguity of studio requirements for a DRM Solution
10. Based on the current DRM solution(s) you’re using, what two features do you feel are missing or what features would you like to see added to the solution?
Support for a broader range of browsers, platforms and devices
Out-of-the box features like offline viewing, TVE, output control etc.
Simplify the process of implementing a multi-DRM workflow
Seamless end-user experience
Supports all the major adaptive HTTP streaming technologies – HLS, DASH, Smooth Streaming etc.
Flexible pricing options
Supports a range of business models – subscriptions, advertising, rentals, single purchases etc.
11. Some DRM providers may collect and use your customer/service data as part of their DRM service. On a scale one 1-5, what is the level of your concern (5 being most concerned).
12. How does GDPR and similar privacy related regulations affect your decision to use DRM solutions?
They are very impactful
They are moderately impactful
13. Do you have a preference for either DRM software or hardware solutions?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service