How Much Do You Know About Male Fertility?
Brought to you by:
– A CIHR funded research programme to develop mobile solutions providing information and support for people facing fertility concerns
1. How many sperm are produced on average per day?
8.5 million sperm/day
85 million sperm/day
2. How many sperm does the average ejaculate contain?
2,000 sperm per ejaculate
20,000 sperm per ejaculate
2 million sperm per ejaculate
200 million sperm per ejaculate
3. Are sperm and semen the same thing?
Yes, they can be used interchangeably
No, sperm is a component of semen
No, semen is a component of sperm
4. On average, how long can sperm live inside of the female reproductive tract?
5. Does sperm quality change as men age?
No, sperm quality is unaffected by a man’s age
Yes, age can have an effect on sperm quality
6. What’s better for your fertility: boxers or briefs?
7. Are there lifestyle choices men can make to improve their fertility?
No, infertility is caused by genetic factors that are outside of my control
Yes, I can make choices in my daily life that may help improve my fertility
8. Do sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) cause infertility?
No. There is no relationship between having an STD and being infertile
Maybe. Leaving an STD untreated may impact your fertility
Yes. If you have had an STD, you will be infertile
9. How does heat affect sperm?
Sperm can handle the heat
Sperm prefer it cool
10. Which of these activities when done frequently has been linked to fertility problems in men?
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service