2. 辦公室層面 - 如非必要，減少影印；印時盡量使用雙面影印；
3. 個人層面： - 減少購買過度包裝產品及印刷品； - 如住處物管暫停收紙，請在家中暫存，或送到食環署轄下的三色回收桶；
4. 回收業界 - 聯繫出口東南亞廢紙市場的回收同業，協助有倉存壓力的回收業者、機構、屋苑，解燃眉之急； - 回收業界自強運動，杜絕淋水「呃稱」劣行，提升廢紙品質聲譽。 無論你是個人、機構、屋苑、學校或物管代表，如你願意響應我們的呼籲，成為解決問題的一員，請透過此表格通知我們，讓我們整理後一併公布。
“Easing the Overwhelming Waste Paper Crisis”Let’s be the Problem Solver
Lots of people ask, “What can we do?”, while I was sharing about the imminent waste paper crisis in communities.
This crisis not only affecting recyclers and scavengers, but almost everyone. Everyone has generated waste paper in one way or another, so while there is problem in exporting waste paper to the mainland for a short period of time, all of us should act to resolve this crisis.
The quality of waste paper is not the main issue of the crisis. According to the recycling industry, waste paper cannot be exported to the mainland is due to the holding up of import permits by the Chinese government, which is expected to get resolved shortly.
Back to the question of “what can we do?”. The Green Earth initiates the Let’s be the Problem Solvers Campaign, calling for different sectors to take the following steps in the interim to prevent waste paper from piling up on our streets or dumping to landfills.
1. If residential estates, offices, schools, commercial buildings are rejected by recyclers to collect your waste paper, try the best to store the waste paper temporarily at your place to ease the storage pressure of the recyclers.
2. Office- Reduce printing as far as you can. Double-sided printing whenever possible.
3. Individual- Reduce purchasing over-packaged products and leisure printed materials- If your housing estate stops collecting waste paper, store it at home temporarily, or take it to the paper recycling bins that are managed by the Food and Environmental Hygiene Department (FEHD).
4. Recycling Sector- Inviting the recyclers who had channels of exporting waste paper to Southeast Asian countries to assist the recyclers, organizations and estates that encounter storage pressure by collecting their waste paper.- To raise the standard of local waste paper as well as reputation of the recycling industry by eliminating the bad practice of adding water to increase the weight of waste paper.
Whether organizations, estates, schools,property management companies or individuals, if you are willing to support our appeal to become one of the problem solvers, please inform us by filling in this form. We will acknowledge supporters in due course.