If you know your child is going to be out for an extended amount of time (3 consecutive days or more) you
must fill out a leave of absence form from the office.
The following are excused absences:
• Personal illness that exceeds three consecutive days- with a doctor’s note
• Death of a relative (provide documentation)
• Observance of religious holiday
• Military block leave- up to 5 school days with a copy of military orders
• Doctor, dental and therapy appointments with proper documentation (If possible,
please schedule such appointments after school hours)
• Emergency situations- such cases may be approved by administration on an
The following are unexcused absences:
• Personal illness that exceeds three consecutive days without a doctor’s note –
While we understand illness happens; a parent phone call or note will not
constitute an excused absence.
• Military block leave without orders
• Family events- vacations, birthdays, family visits, other family members’
Student Name (First and Last)
Date of Absence
Reason for Absence
Medical or Dental Appointment
Court or Administrative Proceeding
Suspected COVID or COVID related
Illness Symptoms (if applicable)
Fever (100.0 or above)
Any additional information you would like us to know.
Parent/Guardian Contact Phone Number
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Fountain-Fort Carson School District 8.