Holly Scanlan Foundation Scholarship Application 2019-2020
The mission of the Holly Scanlan Foundation (a registered 501 (c3) charitable foundation) is to provide scholarships to undergraduates whose families have been afflicted by cancer.
1. Student must have an immediate family member (or be the family member) with a serious cancer diagnoses (currently in treatment, formerly in treatment, or deceased)
2. Student must be referred by an oncology social worker or care manager
3. Student must be matriculated or accepted to matriculate as a full time undergraduate student at a regionally accredited post-secondary institution
4. Student must validate a need for financial assistance
5. Student must be in good academic standing with a minimum GPA of 2.75 (4.0 scale)
6. Student must demonstrate that she or he has been meaningfully involved in community service
7. Student must be a resident of Connecticut or Minnesota
Applicants are not discriminated against based on gender, race, or religious belief. Two scholarships will be awarded to Connecticut residents and two to Minnesota residents.
There will be four $5000 scholarships awarded. Scholarships are non-renewable, though students may apply in consecutive years. The scholarship award will be sent directly to the college in two installments. The first installment will be sent on or by 1 August 2019 and following successful completion of the fall 2019 semester (GPA of 2.75 or higher), the second installment will be sent on or by 1 January 2020.
The 2019-2020 Holly Scanlan Foundation Scholarship Application consists of two parts: The Application Cover Sheet (this form) and the Supplemental Materials (listed below). You must complete both parts of the application and submit them by May 15, 2019. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
All supplemental materials must be submitted to:
For questions -
Connecticut social workers and applicants should contact Isabel Szurley (
Northern Minnesota social workers and applicants should contact Moira Olson (
Southern Minnesota social workers and applicants should contact Valerie Kennedy (
Page 1 of 2
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service