TOEFL Structure Test 3
Nama / NPM
1. Their keen senses of hearing and smell have made some types of dogs _____ in hunting and tracking and as security guards
A. as valuable
B. of the value
C. are valued
2. Astronomy developed from the observation _____ through regular cycles of motion.
A. going to heavenly bodies
B. the heavenly bodies going
C. heavenly bodies that go
D. that the heavenly bodies go
3. Astronomer Maria Mitchell was the first woman _____ to the American Academy of Arts and Sciences.
A. to be elected
B. was elected
C. which she was elected
D. for her to be elected
4. Ground plans and contour maps of the Earth ___from aerial photographs.
A. can be drawn
B. can draw
C. to draw
5. The greater the demand, ________ the price.
C. the higher
D. the high
6. The Louisiana Territory, an area ________ the size of France, was bought by the United States from France for $15,000,000 in 1803.
A. than more four times
B. more than four times
C. four times than more
D. is four times more than
7. The Cathedral of Seville enjoys the distinction ________ the largest medieval cathedral in the world.
A. of being
B. to be
D. it being
8. The Immigration and Naturalization Service often ________ their visas if they fill out the appropriate papers.
A. lets students extend
B. lets students for extend
C. letting students to extend
D. let students extending
9. The strongest dump trucks work in rock quarries, ________ tons of rocks and soil at one time.
A. that they move
B. they move
C. where they move
D. which they move
10. Unemployment compensation is money to support an unemployed person while he or she is looking for ________ .
B. a job
D. a work
11. By observing REM, or rapid eye movements, ________ to know when dreaming occurs during sleep.
A. it is the possibility
B. is the possibility
C. it is possible
D. then is possible
12. ________ problems in sailing in tropical seas is the coral reefs.
A. One of the biggest
B. The biggest one
C. Of the biggest one
D. There are the biggest
13. In 1774 delegates from all colonies ________ attended the First Continental Congress.
B. the exception was Georgia
C. except Georgia
D. except that Georgia was
14. Although Margaret Mead had several assistants during her long investigations of Samoa, the bulk of the research was done by ________ alone.
15. Efforts to provide equal opportunity for minorities in the United States ________ from the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
A. may be said to date
C. may say to date
D. to date may be said
16. I understand that the governor is considering a new proposal ________
A. what would eliminate unnecessary writing in government
B. who wants to cut down on the amount of 'writing in government
C. that would eliminate unnecessary paperwork in government
D. to cause that the amount of papers written in government offices will be reduced
17. ________ are found on the surface of the moon.
A. Craters and waterless seas that
B. When craters and waterless seas
C. Craters and waterless seas
D. Since craters and waterless seas
18. Most stores in large American cities close ________ five or six o'clock on weekdays, but the malls in the suburbs stay open much later.
19. High and low atmospheric pressure systems are ________ cause changing weather patterns.
20. The Kentucky Derby ________ every May at Churchill Downs in Louisville, Kentucky.
A. to be run
C. it may be run
D. is run
21. Each of the nurses report to the operating room when his or her name is called. (Find incorrect words or phrases!)
A. of the
C. his or her name
D. is called
22. Because blood from different individuals may different in the type of antigen on the surface of the red cells and the type of antibody in the plasma, a dangerous reaction can occur between the donor and recipient in a blood transfusion. (Find incorrect words or phrases!)
C. can occur
23. Both viruses also genes are made from nucleoproteins, the essential chemicals with which living matter duplicates itself. (Find incorrect words or phrases!)
24. Although the Red Cross accepts blood from most donors, the nurses will not leave you give blood if you have just had a cold. (Find incorrect words or phrases!)
25. Economists have tried to discourage the use of the phrase "underdeveloped nation" and encouraging the more accurate phrase "developing nation" in order to suggest an ongoing process.(Find incorrect words or phrases!)
A. to discourage
B. the use
D. the more
26. Since infection can cause both fever as well as pain, it is a good idea to check a patient's temperature. (Find incorrect words or phrases!)
A. can cause
B. as well as
C. to check
D. a patient's
27. Nuclear powers production in the US is controlled by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission [NRC]. (Find incorrect words or phrases!)
28. The intent of the Historical Society is to restore old buildings and the increase of interest in the history of the area.(Find incorrect words or phrases!)
A. intent of
C. the increase of
29. The volume four of our encyclopedia set has been missing for two months. (Find incorrect words or phrases!)
A. The volume
C. has been missing
30. Professor Duncan teaches both anthropology as well as sociology each fall (Find incorrect words or phrases!)
D. each fall
31. Because helicopters are capable of hovering in midair, they are particularly useful for rescue missions, military operates, and transportation. (Find incorrect words or phrases!)
B. of hovering
32. All of we students must have an identification card in order to check books out of the library. (Find incorrect words or phrases!)
33. Sometime several nations become partners in a larger political state, as for example, the four nations joined in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. (Find incorrect words or phrases!)
B. several nations
D. as for example
34. The Gray Wolf, a species reintroduced into their native habitat in Yellowstone National Park, has begun to breed naturally there. (Find incorrect words or phrases!)
B. their native habitat
C. has begun
35. Major advertising companies have traditionally volunteered its time to public service accounts. (Find incorrect words or phrases!)
D. to public
36. Coconut oil produces a soap whom will lather in salt water as well as fresh. (Find incorrect words or phrases!)
C. salt water
37. The organizers of the charity were more than surprised at how many people lined up to receive the clothes donating by the outgoing mayor. (Find incorrect words or phrases!)
A. more than surprised
B. how many
D. the outgoing
38. Until recently, women were forbidden by law from owning property. (Find incorrect words or phrases!)
A. Until recently
C. by law
D. from owning
39. Rudolph Nureyev has become one of the greatest dancer that the ballet world has ever known. (Find incorrect words or phrases!)
A. has become
B. the greatest
D. ever known
40. Tea did not become popular in Europe until the mid 17th century when it has been first imported to England and Holland. (Find incorrect words or phrases!)
A. did not become
C. has been
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service