Family Engagement Survey
The information you provide is confidential and will be used to plan Family Engagement events for the 2019-2020 school year, develop programs, as well as help us to better understand our NFES families and community.
1. How would you rate your level of participation in academic support of your student? (Example: review academic information from the classroom, conferences, meetings with teachers)
2. What time of the day are you available to participate in trainings or events at the school? (Please check all that apply)
Morning: (Arrival to Noon)
Afternoon: (Noon to Dismissal)
Evening: (After School)
3. How would you rate your attendance in activities/events in the school? (Math Night, Mindfulness Night etc.)
4. What, if anything, keeps you from attending school events?
5. What could our school do to make it easier for you to provide academic support for your child/children at home? (Check all that apply)
Information on what is being taught in the classroom with a list of books or materials we can use at home
Information about how to prepare your child during the summer for the upcoming school year
Ways to support my child during state and national testing and other assessments
Training on how to help student at home
Other (please provide details below)
5. Continued: if Other please provide details
6. Which of the following would help you to support your child's social/emotional well-being at home? (Check all that apply)
Information about community resources
Training about coping strategies for managing emotions (Aggression, Sadness, Depression)
Mindfulness activities that are used at school (breathing exercise, coloring, etc.)
Information about FCPS social/emotional curriculum
Stress management techniques
Information on childhood emotions
7. Which of the following would best help you know what is going on in your child's school/classroom? (Check all that apply)
E-mail (Find Out First or teacher e-mail)
Text Message from the School (Remind)
Social Media (Facebook, Twitter)
Information Night on Academic Content
Other (Please provide details below)
7. Continued: if Other please provide details
8. Which of the following topics would you like additional training on to improve your understanding? (Check all that apply)
School procedures (Arrival, Dismissal, Absences)
How to contact teacher or the school when you have a concern
The activities students participate in during the school day
How to understand the report cards and grades
Other (please provide details)
8. Continued: if Other please provide details
9. What type of academic training do you feel you need to support your child's learning?
Math: Helping with Homework
Math: Learning Facts
Math: Vocabulary/ Terminology
Reading: Teaching Fluency
Reading: Foundational Skills (Letters, sounds, spelling)
Reading: Teaching how to comprehend texts
School Improvement Strategies (Goal Setting, Feedback, Student Agency)
PBIS - Positive Behavioral Intervention and Supports
Other (Please provide details)
9. Continued: if Other please provide details
10. Which of the items below would increase your ability to participate in Family Engagement events? (Check all that apply)
Activities for younger siblings during events
Interpreting services at the event
Transportation to events
Other (Pease provide details)
10. Continued: if Other please provide details
11. Please share your ideas on how to make NFES a welcoming place for families.
12. Please provide any additional comments that would help us understand and support your family or student.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Frederick County Public Schools.