METAA CTO Experience Certificate Application for METAA Members
There are members in our organization who are exemplary in advancing the role of technology in education. They are role models for those who aspire to become Chief Technology Officers. Attainment of the METAA CTO Certificate by these experienced individuals would validate the importance of technology infusion into education.
NOTE: To apply you will need to complete all questions on this form, submit it, as well as email a personal statement (to
) explaining why you are seeking this certificate and also address the METAA CTO Certificate criteria in sections 4 and 5 below.
Sign in to Google
to save your progress.
Education & Experience
1. Education – area of focus must be education in at least one degree (CoSN: Leadership & Vision)
Bachelor's Degree - What is your degree? When and where was it attained?
Master's Degree - What is your degree? When and where was it attained?
Please state if you are DESE certified as a Director (certification number).
2. Experienced technology director for six consecutive years (All CoSN Skill Areas)
List district(s) and employment dates of your employment as technology director.
3. Part of the Central Office Management team (The central office management team is defined as the executive team.) (CoSN: Leadership & Vision)
Please list the members of the central office management team and how often you participate.
In your letter of application, include a brief personal statement explaining why you are seeking this certificate and also address the following METAA CTO Certificate criteria:
4. Currently oversees or is partially responsible for one or more of the following educational technologyrelated functions. Please provide 1-2 bulleted examples when you submit your personal statement.
• Professional development offerings (CoSN: Instructional Focus & Professional Development,
Team Building and Staffing)
• Technology Committee (CoSN: Leadership & Vision)
• Budget Development (CoSN: Business Management)
• Infrastructure (CoSN: Information Technology Management)
• Data reporting such as EPIMS, SIMS, SCS (CoSN: Data Management, Data Privacy & Security)
• Ethics and Policy Development (CoSN: Ethics & Policy, Strategic Planning, Data Privacy &
• Communications (CoSN: Communications Systems Management)
5. Promote technology actively for 3 consecutive years through one or more of the vehicles listed below. Please provide 1-2 bulleted examples when you submit your personal statement. (CoSN: Leadership & Vision)
• Involvement in state and national technology director organizations, such as CoSN and METAA,
as advocate or board member
• Advocating for technology at local, state, and national levels
• Prescribed courses or classes pertinent to their work
• Collaboration with higher-ed
• Contribution to the publication of education-related articles or books
Along with submitting this form, please email your responses to Questions 4 and 5, and your personal statement to email@example.com by 1/15 annually.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of METAA.