• Student must be an Ohio resident at time of application and must maintain Ohio residency while enrolled.
• At the end of the 2017-2018 academic year, student must be recommended for advancement to the sixth, seventh, or eighth grade by their present school.
Student Application Guidelines:
• Applications MUST be completed in their entirety in order to be considered for admission to the Academy. Once you start the application form you must complete, there is no save feature. We recommend you review the application, type your essay responses in a word document and then copy and past them into the application form when you are ready to submit.
• Aside from the requirements listed above, an accurate and fully completed application is the only criteria for admission, subject to the need for a selection lottery (see below). The information gathered by the application will not be used to determine acceptance to the Bio-Med Science Academy, rather it is used to process necessary enrollment paperwork and to learn about the applicant prior to the start of the academic year.
• Incomplete applications may not be considered. An email notiﬁcation will be sent upon receipt of the application.This notiﬁcation will indicate if the application was complete.
• The completeness of an application will be determined on a case-by-case basis and is determined at the sole discretion of the chief administrative ofﬁcer of the Academy.
Applications close February 13, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. E.S.T. Applications can be submitted via Google Form. Lottery Procedure
• For the 2018-2019 school year, there are 100 seats/grade level. In the event that more students apply than open seats, a lottery will take place Feb. 14, 2018 at 5:30 p.m. in the Watanakunakorn Auditorium at Northeast Ohio Medical University.
AS OF 12-5-17 the Academy has the following open seats:
6th Grade/ Class of 2025– 100 seats 7th Grade/Class of 2024 – 3 seats 8th Grade/Class of 2023 – 27 seats
• Each applicant will be assigned a unique number which will be used in the lottery.
• Each number will be pulled at random, placing the students on a list in the order that their number was pulled – the ﬁrst students pulled being admitted until all seats at that grade level and the remaining students entering a wait list, maintaining their lottery order on the wait list. • Applicants need not be present at the time of the lottery to be considered. Those not in attendance will be provided their lottery number via email.
• Applicants will be notiﬁed via email if a lottery will be held.
• Email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Call 330.298.8466