NEW THIS YEAR:*This year we are welcoming the addition of Amber Carson as an Associate Teacher to YSA. She will be available on Wednesdays and teaching Voice Classes (3+ students) and Private Lessons. As an Associate Teacher, rates are adjusted accordingly.*Wednesdays (& Mondays) are now located at The Players Theatre, 115 MacDougal.*In order to provide excellence, Private Lessons with Vielka will increase as of September 1, 2018. Please note that her Voice Class and Duet Lesson rates will remain the same. You can find rates and dates at www.YoungSingersAcademy.com
As a courtesy, I will hold a spot for Spring 2018 Term Families until THIS FRIDAY, July 20th. Please Pre-Register by completing this survey in order to keep it! This survey is to determine your availability and lesson preferences. Lesson slots will be confirmed ASAP and you will be invoiced separately. Students usually keep the same lesson time as the prior year, but I do try to accommodate schedule requests when possible. I have a wait list, so please RSVP ASAP!
PLEASE MARK ALL YOUR AVAILABLE OPTIONS WITH ROOM FOR COMMENTS BELOW. THANK YOU!
LESSON/CLASS TYPES:Voice Class = minimum of 3 studentsPrivate Lessons = 1 studentDuet Lessons = 2 students
VOICE TEACHERS:Vielka Kelly-Weiss, Mondays through ThursdaysAmber Carson, Wednesdays
ADDITIONAL INFO:Registration is first come, first served. Please note that there is a limit of 4-6 students per voice class. Additional students will be wait listed.You will receive an email to confirm your spot, which will then be secured upon receipt of payment.
There are no make-up lessons. In the rare event that the teacher cannot make a lesson, either it will be rescheduled, you will be issued a credit, or there may be a substitute teacher. Should the NYC public school system cancel classes due to inclement weather, all studio lessons will be taught via internet.
Your courtesy is appreciated! Please cancel on the Parent Portal ASAP if your child will be absent.
1. That this registration and payment is for the term indicated above and that I shall not be entitled to any deduction for my child’s absences or illnesses during the term; that in the event of my child’s withdrawal or suspension (see #5) from the Program after classes have started, I shall not be entitled to any refund of the balance of unused tuition, nor will I be entitled to transfer the balance of unused tuition to another child or semester payment. YOUNG SINGERS ACADEMY cannot issue refunds for classes my child did not attend due to other events, illness(es) and/or planned or unplanned school closings.
2. That if I request a refund (see #3), YOUNG SINGERS ACADEMY will not return a non-refundable $50.00 registration fee and will deduct $100.00 (cancellation fee) in addition to the class fee for the session(s) that my child attended.;
3. To the YOUNG SINGERS ACADEMY REFUND POLICY: Requests for refunds must be submitted in writing to the Program Director at email@example.com.
1. Prior to the 14 days before the first day of scheduled class, the amount eligible for a refund includes the class tuition and materials fees paid (a $50.00 non-refundable registration fee and a cancellation fee of $100 are not eligible for refund) 2. During the 2 weeks up to the start of the scheduled 1st day of class, IF YOUNG SINGERS ACADEMY is able to fill the spot within 24 hours, 100% of class fee and full materials fees paid are eligible for refund. If YOUNG SINGERS ACADEMY is unable to fill the spot in the class, then 75% of the total amount paid are eligible for refund within the 14 days prior to the start of the child's first class. 3. After the 1st scheduled Class, 50% of total amount paid will be eligible for a refund. 4. After the 2nd scheduled class, 25% of total amount paid will be eligible for a refund. 5. After the 3rd scheduled class, no refunds are eligible. 6. If YOUNG SINGERS ACADEMY must cancel a class due to under-enrollment, full refunds of class tuition and materials fee will be issued (less the fee(s) for the class(es) the child has attended and $50.00 non-refundable registration fee).;
4. To YOUNG SINGERS ACADEMY’s class schedule. YOUNG SINGERS ACADEMY does not exclusively follow either Public or Private School Calendars. There are officially no make up classes. If another student has a cancellation, YOUNG SINGERS ACADEMY will offer the courtesy of a make up, but there are no guarantees.
5. That YOUNG SINGERS ACADEMY requires my child to meet certain standards of behavior and that if my child fails to behave or demonstrates repeated unsatisfactory conduct; the Program has the right to dismiss my child from the Program without reimbursement for the balance of any unattended classes for the duration of the semester enrolled.;
6. That if my child is injured and requires medical attention and I (or the contacts I provided on the registration form) cannot be reached for instructions, I do hereby give authority to YOUNG SINGERS ACADEMY to obtain necessary emergency medical treatment for my child with the understanding that the family will be notified as soon as possible. I give permission for YOUNG SINGERS ACADEMY personnel to treat minor injuries on site.;
7. That YOUNG SINGERS ACADEMY is not medically authorized to administer any medications to my child.;
8. That YOUNG SINGERS ACADEMY reserves the right to modify the classes, change instructors or site as necessary, or to cancel the class if it does not meet enrollment requirements.;
9. That YOUNG SINGERS ACADEMY reserves the right to change class placement after the first few weeks of the session. Should this apply to your child, we will contact you individually to discuss alternate class options.
10. That during the class, my child may be photographed and/or videotaped by YOUNG SINGERS ACADEMY personnel or its authorized agents exclusively for internal, educational use at any time presently or in the future.;That in consideration of allowing my child to participate in YOUNG SINGERS ACADEMY I hereby release and forever discharge YOUNG SINGERS ACADEMY and its officers, volunteers, employees, contractors and agents from any liability arising out of or based upon any bodily injury or property damage which may be sustained by my child while participating in such program.;
11. That each parent/guardian must notify YOUNG SINGERS ACADEMY via the online portal when their child will not be attending class at least 24 hours in advance, or in the event of a last minute emergency, as soon as you are aware of the intended absence. YOUNG SINGERS ACADEMY will not be held responsible for children who are not in attendance in the classroom or at their after-school pick-up place or given proper permission to school personnel for pick-up service.
12. That these terms of agreement listed above will be applicable for September 1, 2018 through September 1, 2019.