Benefits to CRHESI members include:
• Support in conducting research related to health equity and social inclusion
• Increased research capacity for community agencies, including a venue for consolidating their shared experiences
• The opportunity to share and profile work through CRHESI’s communications and events
• Tapping into academic and community expertise
• Eligibility to apply for research support, including seed or pilot funding
• CRHESI affiliation and support for use in grant and funding applications
Alignment with the CRHESI’s research principles of inclusion, respect and rigour is a cornerstone of membership. In order to foster a stimulating, productive community, we encourage our Centre members to reflect on the following commitments, understanding that available time and opportunities will fluctuate.
Commitments by CRHESI members include:
• To advocate for health related inequities and push the agenda further in the community
• To contribute to the network with your expertise
• To identify gaps and barriers around health equity and social inclusion
• To engage and get involved in ways that fit for you
• To work to find solutions to inequities, to forward best practices and to implement systemic changes within context
• To keep members updated on CRHESI related research and areas of mutual interest
Note: Community partners do not have to have past experience with a research project. A membership term is 3 years.