Rules - Please Read Carefully!
LEGO® Contest Rules and Guidelines 2022
Wasatch County Library
Prizes will be awarded in five (5) categories (The age they will be during the contest):
AGES 3-5, AGES 6-8, AGES 9-12, TEENS, ADULTS
Prizes: Within each category there will be a winner and a prize valued at or near $25.
Winners will also receive prize ribbons and/or trophies.
All participants will receive a certificate of participation!
Open to all residents of Wasatch County. ADULTS ENCOURAGED!
1. Use your own LEGO®, Duplo®, Megabloks®, K’Nex®, or any LEGO® Compatible plastic brick.
2. Entries must be your own creation (M.O.C. my own creation), NOT a kit, project found online, or in a magazine, book etc. You can build anything from cars, boats, houses, animals…whatever! Just use your imagination. if you don't have a lot of LEGO® don’t worry, creativity and attention to detail is the key.
3. Children up to the age of 5 may have help from an adult, but 75% of the work must be done by the child. Children ages 6 and older must do their own work, or the creation must be placed in the category of the oldest person who contributed.
4. One entry per participant or team where applicable.
5. Your creation must fit within a space of 18 inches by 18 inches (approximately with in reason).
Your completed project may be no taller than 4 feet.
6. Team projects will be placed in the category of the OLDEST participant in the team.
Individual entries will not be permitted for team participants. Please note that while all members of a team will receive a prize ribbon (when applicable), each team will be competing for a single prize.
7. Please provide a sign/label with your project that includes your name(s), age and phone number.
The sign must also explain the idea/inspiration for your creation to help the judges make their decision.
8. Last day to turn in entry application forms: July 28, 2022 at 5 PM - NO EXCEPTIONS.
9. Projects must arrive and be placed next to their name card on August 1, 2022 during regular business hours.
No early or late entries will be accepted!
10. Judging will be conducted by community popular vote and by a panel of judges. Winners will be announced August 10, 2022.
11. If you would like, you may meet with a judge to tell them about your project. It will be August 1, 2022 from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM first come first serve. These will be 5 minute meetings with an adult LEGO enthusiast and Miss Alice. This is optional.It will be on a first come, first served basis.
12. Entries MUST be taken home starting August 12 , 2022. Last day to pick up entries is August 13, 2022 by 2:00 PM.
Entries left after this date will become property of the Wasatch County Library.
13. Although reasonable care will be taken by the Wasatch County Library, the Library is not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen items. Please make an inventory of your figures, bricks, plants etc.
14. Any violation of the above mentioned rules will disqualify the entry!
PARENTS and ADULTS: By signing and bringing in a LEGO® creation you acknowledge and understand the rules of the
Wasatch County Library LEGO® Contest.
You also authorize the use of your, or your child’s photo for display and/or promotion of Wasatch County Library programming and services.
Disclaimer - LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO® Group of companies which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this contest.