Our league requires that any skaters who try out for and make a team are a member of a committee and do work that benefits that committee each month. Non-teamed members are exempt from committee work. If you do not do any committee work during a certain month, you will have 5 practice credits deducted from your attendance totals on the 1st of the following month. This may affect your scrimmage and/or bout eligibility.
Summer/Fall practices are held at:Buhr Park2751 Packard RoadAnn Arbor, MI 48104
Monday: Bruisers practice - 7:30pm to 9:30pmTuesday: Vigilantes practice - 7:30pm to 9:30pmWednesday: All-League scrimmage night - 7:00pm to 9:30pmThursday: Brawlstars practice - 7:00pm to 9:00pm (scrimmage for Brawlstars only from 9:00pm to 10:00pm)
Any time you have questions or concerns, you should contact the appropriate Board Member(s) directly.
*Note: The "A2D2 Forever" Facebook group is minimally monitored by the league and should not be considered an official form of league communication
VICE CHAIRPERSONSnarky Malarky (Carri Underwood)email@example.com
SECRETARYMarty McFlyBy (Martyn Fox)firstname.lastname@example.org
FINANCIAL DIRECTORLittle Awful Annie (Renee Holden) and Bigtails (Sam Brdek)email@example.com
PUBLIC RELATIONSHellinor Bruisevelt (Elinor Epperson)firstname.lastname@example.org
BOUT PRODUCTIONRadioactive Isatope (Isa Daher)email@example.com
SPONSORSHIP AND FUNDRAISINGRuthless Bruiser Ginsburg (Ashley Curry)firstname.lastname@example.org
TRAININGThe Hammer (Mari Hemmer) and Freeda Radical (Emily Bowers)email@example.com
INTERLEAGUE LIAISONArya Snark (Mary Lee)firstname.lastname@example.org
Twitter: @a2derbydimes - Regular status updates @a2derbylive - Live bout updates
Flickr: flickr.com/a2derbydimes - All of our event and bout flyers can be found here
Policies and Procedure Acknowledgement Signature Page
Non-Compete / Non-Disclosure / Conflict of Interest Agreement
Code of Conduct Agreement
Assumption of Risk / Release From Liability Agreement
If you are an active skater on a WFTDA member league, you should already have WFTDA insurance and will not need to pay this again for the year. If your insurance has lapsed, you will need to renew for the year before attending practice.
Please contact email@example.com for instructions on how to purchase insurance or, if you already have insurance, to transfer to the league.
$40 for Monthly DuesMay be paid in cash or via Venmo (www.venmo.com/annarborrollerderby).
YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO ATTEND PRACTICES UNTIL ALL OF THE ABOVE ITEMS ARE COMPLETED!
PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE DOCUMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE FILLING OUT THE INFORMATION BELOW.
I have no contract, agreement, claim or obligation, which may be in conflict with any obligation I have taken under this Agreement.
Except as my assigned participation may require or, as A2D2 may otherwise consent in writing, I will not disclose at any time either during or subsequent to my participation, any information, knowledge or data of A2D2 organization which I may develop or receive during the course of my participation relating to financial data, writings, policies, designs, video, team playbook, business process, training, team meetings, trade secrets, know-how, plans and programs, or any other knowledge of A2D2's which is of a proprietary or confidential nature (“the Information"), and upon release of my participation with A2D2 for any reason, I agree to immediately deliver to A2D2 all physical property, plans, designs, manuals, letters, videos, notes, reports and any other materials relating to A2D2 in my possession or under my control.
In the course of my participation I will learn and hopefully will conceive A2D2 Information during A2D2 time and at A2D2 expense, which Information relates to A2D2's interests and is likely to be of benefit both to A2D2's competitors and to A2D2 even after release of my participation. I recognize a just purpose in A2D2 protecting its investment in the Information and related training and experience. I also recognize a just purpose in A2D2's affecting such protection through continued use of my knowledge and judgment and through avoiding, for limited times, competition by, through and from former teammates trained and/or given special knowledge, contracts and/or experience by A2D2 in A2D2’s line of business and with access to A2D2's Information, equipment and financial resources. Accordingly, and with full knowledge, A2D2 will rely on this Agreement in accepting me, continuing to consider me and giving me access to its Information, I agree that:
During my participation and for one year after the release of my participation for any reason, I will not either directly or indirectly divert or aid others in diverting any trade or business which A2D2 was enjoying at the time of such release or which I have solicited on A2D2’s behalf during my participation with A2D2; without the written permission of the President A2D2.During my participation and for one year after the release of my participation I will not own, manage, control, or operate any business which is engaged in the same or similar line of business as that carried on by A2D2, including starting a new league, without the written permission of the President of A2D2.During my participation and for one year after the release of my participation I will not either directly or indirectly entice, aid, or cooperate with other in soliciting or enticing away any team member, customer, client or supplier of A2D2, without the written permission of the President of A2D2.During the course of my participation as a member of the Ann Arbor Derby Dimes, I will not skate for another league as a member of any team during competitive play. I will not take on sole responsibility for training or coaching an outside league or team. I will not provide regular or recurring training for the advancement of any outside league or team. Permissible actions include:Participating in outside training opportunitiesParticipating in mixed scrimmages or skating as a representative of my league on an All-Star TeamTraining other leagues or groups of skaters in a one to three day capacityNSOing for any leagueActing as a referee for any leagueCoaching or bench coaching for a mixed scrimmage.Prohibited actions include:Skating on another league’s team to fill in for a short rosterCoaching or bench coaching an outside team or leagueTraining an outside league or team on an ongoing basis
Without limiting the specific obligations above to honor A2D2's confidentially and trade secret information for so long as it remains protected, I specifically agree during my participation and one year thereafter, I will accept no participation where the performance of the duties and responsibilities of the new participation will call on me to use, to disclose or to base judgment on the confidential or trade secret Information of A2D2 or to utilize the goodwill of A2D2 in assisting any competitor of A2D2, without the written permission of the President of A2D2.
In the event that any word, phrase, clause, sentence or other provision of the Agreement shall be deemed to violate any applicable statute, ordinance or rule of law in any jurisdiction in which it is used, such provision shall be ineffective to the extent of such violation without invalidating any other provision of the Agreement. It is further agreed that if at any time it shall be determined that this Agreement is unreasonable as to time, scope or area by any court of competent jurisdiction, A2D2 shall be entitled to enforce this Agreement for such a period of time and within such area and scope as may be determined to be reasonable by such court.
I further agree that in the event of any breach of the Agreement by me that injuries to A2D2 are irreparable and that A2D2 shall be entitled to injunctive relief in addition to such other and further relief as may be proper. In the event of my breach of this Agreement or any part thereof, I agree to pay all cost of enforcement of such Agreement, including but not limited to, reasonable attorneys' fees.
I understand and agree that nothing contained in this Agreement, either expressly or implied, is intended to impose any obligation on A2D2 to allow my participation for any period of time and that my participation by A2D2 is terminable at any time with or without cause by me or by A2D2.
I understand that this Agreement supersedes any and all prior Non-Compete / Non-Disclosure / Conflict agreements and understandings between A2D2 and myself. No representations have been made by A2D2 concerning the terms and conditions of participation other than those representations contained in the Agreement. This Agreement may be modified only by a written document signed by both the President of A2D2 and me.
I agree that this Agreement shall be governed and interpreted under the laws of the State of Michigan.
This is a confidential document and may be reproduced only with the written permission of Ann Arbor Derby Dimes.
The participants, coaches, officials and volunteers shall be required to follow the Code of Conduct, set forth as follows:
I hereby pledge to be responsible for my words and actions while attending, coaching or participating in an Ann Arbor Derby Dimes roller derby bout, practice or league event and shall conform my behavior to the following code of conduct:
1. I will not engage or encourage any other person to engage in poor sporting behavior, such as booing and taunting, or using profane language or gestures, with any coach, player, participant, official or any other attendee.
2. I will not engage or encourage any other person to engage in any behavior which could endanger the health, safety or well-being of any coach, player, participant, official or any other attendee.
3. I will not use or encourage any other person to use drugs or alcohol while participating in a bout or practice.
4. I will treat any coach, player, participant, official or any other attendee with respect regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation or ability.
5. I will not engage or encourage any other person to engage in verbal or physical threats or abuse aimed at any coach, player, participant, official or any other attendee.
6. I will not initiate or encourage any other person to initiate a fight or scuffle with any coach, player, participant, official or any other attendee.
7. I will not slander or encourage any other person to slander, libel or misrepresent any coach, player, participant, official of any other attendee.
8. I will abide by any decision rendered by the Ann Arbor Derby Dimes Board of Directors.
1. Participant forever waives any cause of action against A2D2 and it affiliates, owners, and agents, which might arise from participation in this activity.
2. In the event a third party (or parties) is injured in any occurrence in which the undersigned participates, the undersigned shall forever indemnify, defend and hold harmless A2D2, it affiliates, its owners, agents, and employees, for ALL costs and expenses which arise from claims by such injured parties.
3. Participant authorizes any medical treatment deemed necessary in the event of any injury while participating in A2D2 activities. It is the responsibility of participant to carry full and complete insurance coverage for personal bodily injury and personal property damage to participant and any other individuals who may be injured resulting from league activities (or, in its absence, agree to pay all costs of rescue and/or medical services that may be incurred on behalf of the participant).
4. Participant understands and accepts that roller skating, in it various forms, is a hazardous sport and has many dangers and risks, which include serious bodily injury or death. Participant hereby agrees to freely and expressly assume and accept any and all risks of injury.
5. Participant represents that they are physically fit and able to safely participate in this physically demanding activity, and that they do not suffer from any injury, defect, ailment, illness or the like which could conceivably lead to injury or death from participation in this activity.
6. The participants Assumption of Risk and Release of Liability Agreement is on behalf of the league participant, and their spouse, personal representatives, assigns, heirs, next of kin, family, relatives, executors, trustees, conservators, administrators, agents and guardians.
7. Participant agrees to give up their right to a trial by court or a jury. Any dispute or claim between participant and A2D2, including those arising out of or related to this Agreement, the interpretation of this Agreement, or any damages, shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the Rules of the American Arbitration Association. The arbitrator's award shall be final and binding upon the parties, and judgment upon the award may be entered by any court of competent jurisdiction. The place of arbitration shall be the country or jurisdiction where the league is located.
8. Participant agrees to provide their own required protective gear that must be worn at all times during league activities.
9. I understand, consent to and authorize, in advance, the use of my name, voice, picture or other likeness, in combination or alone, in any broadcast, telecast, print medium, advertising, promotion or other account of a league event as approved by A2D2.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY
Participant, member, guest or patron shall participate in roller skating and/or any A2D2 activities at their own risk. A2D2 shall not be liable for any damages for personal injuries sustained by any participant, member, guest or patron in, on or about any premises used for A2D2 league activities from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, including, without limitations, any claim for personal injuries arising out of the use of its facilities, services, or equipment, or arising out of the negligence of A2D2, its owners, affiliates, or agents or any other person at A2D2.
PERSONAL PROPERTY AND VALUABLES
A2D2 shall not be liable for the loss or theft of, or damage to, the personal property of any participant, member, guest or patron.