A 12 MONTH OPPORTUNITY TO EXPERIENCE SOCIAL ENTERPRISE FIRST HAND, EMPOWERING WOMEN, AND WORK WITH RURAL COMMUNITIES ON A GRASSROOTS LEVEL
Through a combination of field-level training, experienced staff mentorship, and connections to Frontier Market’s global partner community, fellows will have the opportunity to innovate, support, and implement interesting projects and programs that will be implemented at scale.
Through this experience, our fellows not only get exposed to the grassroot realities of India’s energy access, women empowerment, financial inclusion, digital divide, and market linkages, but also develop a personality being an advocate of change, develop the skills to become an entrepreneur, and mindset necessary to attain positions of leadership in the social enterprise ecosystem. Social businesses are difficult because of their complexity of balancing impact and profitability, which will be better understood through this fellowship.
The fellows cover the 12-month journey in 4 stages with an option to extend their fellowship or attain a full-time position with Frontier Markets after the final stage of their work in the program.
The 4 Stages are the following:
Stage 1: Orientation - Learning about the field- Learning about Frontier Markets- Experiencing end-to-end understanding of every department - Goal: Build a deep understanding of last-mile distribution, and develop a clarity for projects for the year
Stage 2: Project Development- Working with various departments to deepen documentation around project proposal- Including: process maps, manuals, training materials, and overall buy-ins from departments- Goal: Refined Pilot Execution Plan
Stage 3: Project Implementation- Project Management – end-to-end- Mentor check-ins- Monitoring and Tracking Project with set KPIs, and ROIs- Goal: Deep understanding and learnings of the project
Stage 4: Fellowship Review- Documentation of the Fellowship- Review of the Fellowship- Next Steps: Renewal, Onboarding, References - Goal: Proper career setting or next steps for Fellows
Fellowship Competencies include:
• Demonstrated leadership• Critical Thinking• Commitment to our goal of developing Saral Jeevan in communities• Passion for social enterprise development• Adaptability to diverse cultures and community• Willingness to work long hours and travel
1. Application Review2. Additional Questions Related to the Candidacy Capability and Connection to the Project3. Any questions that the Fellow may have about the program
2. Reference checks with partners
3. A Defined Understanding of Why YOU are the best fit for the company
4. A clear target for long-term planning (example: “I want to go to Business School next year,” or “I want a full-time career opportunity in this sector,” or “I want start my own enterprise in the future.”
5. A clear explanation on how you would like to work with your Mentor (google them!)
*You shall be assessed based on your ideas, creativity, motivation, ability to articulate, willingness to learn, and willingness to work in a ever-changing environment**