- Performances do not need to be in drag! They can be however you want to express yourself
- Unfortunately, you may not keep your tips. All tips will be donated to Nashville Cares, a local charity that serves people who are HIV+ in Middle Tennessee
- Group performances are permitted and encouraged, but you may not have more than 8 people. Plan ahead for how you will coordinate practicing together.
- You are limited to two performances. For example, you may perform in both a group and a solo number. We want to feature as many performers as possible!
- If you change your concept drastically, please reach out to Ellen or Sydney! You may need to fill out another application.
- If your performance is too similar to another accepted performance (ex: same song, exact same costume, etc.), you may be asked to make some changes. The person who submitted their application first will have priority.
- All song files must be submitted by November 15th at midnight! The file format and how to submit your file will be announced closer to that date. The format needed will likely be MP3, but it depends on what our DJ needs.
- Performances may be no longer than 5 minutes.
- There will not be any setup time for props. You must carry them on and off stage.
- No nudity.
- Performers who are judged to be intoxicated the night of the show may be removed.
- Your performance does not have to fit our theme, but it is HIGHLY encouraged! The theme is Alien Superstar, We would prefer for performances to use songs from Beyonce's Renaissanse album, another Beyonce album, or another 70s song, dance song, disco song, or house song.
- Keep an eye out for our "Drag at Vanderbilt" posts featuring advice from other students and alum who have experience performing drag!
---APPLICATION DEADLINE: November 1st at midnight!---
Thank you for sharing your art with us!
Contacts for questions: Ellen Habetoyas: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Stewart: email@example.com
Nitya Kari: Nitya.firstname.lastname@example.org
*Rolling basis means that we will review and accept performers periodically between now and shortly after applications close. We will evaluate them based on quality measures, and only accept the performances we believe are of the highest quality. If we receive two applications of equal quality, the person who submitted sooner will be given priority. On the other hand, if we feel that the person who applied later is of higher quality, they will be given priority. However, if you are accepted, your slot is yours, given you meet all requirements. So, if all slots are filled early on, and we receive an additional application that is of higher quality than already accepted applicants, we would not be able to accept that application.