Join the Authority Collective
The Authority Collective is a group of more than 200 womxn, non-binary and gender expansive people of color working in the photography, film and VR/AR industries.
Our mission is to empower marginalized artists with resources and community, and take action against systemic and individual abuses in the world of lens-based editorial, documentary and commercial visual work.
To join, you must:
• Be a womxn/non-binary/gender expansive/trans person of color
• Be actively working in lens-based visual media — as a photographer, videographer, VR/AR specialist, producer, etc.
• Have a commitment to making photography and film industries more equitable by holding decision-makers accountable for employing anti-oppression frameworks in their practice
We’ll connect with each applicant personally after receiving your response. To be admitted into the collective, you must be willing to ACTIVELY work with us in furthering our mission to shake up the industry.
As a member of the Collective, you’ll have access to:
• Internal email newsletters with job, event, mentorship, grant and scholarship opportunities
• A pool of resources including academic readings, contact lists and guides for navigating the industry, working with editors, pricing, etc.
• Private Slack + Facebook groups to share concerns, promote your work, ask questions, seek mentorship opportunities, etc.
• A community of badass folks of color who have your back
PLEASE NOTE: Starting in January 2021, we will be accepting members on a quarterly basis only. Thank you!
How long have you been working professionally?
You must be working as a full-time professional in photo, film, VR/AR to join the Authority Collective. If you’re not a professional but are working on it, please reach out to us at
More than 5 years
You must have a professional website.
Where are you based?
What visual medium is your primary focus?
You may select more than one option.
Which are the primary spaces you work in?
Which other spaces do you work in?
What do you hope to gain from the Authority Collective?
In what ways do you want to see the Authority Collective be active in the photography/filmmaking world?
Do you identify as a person of color?
Person of color = a person who is not white.
Do you identify as a womxn, non-binary, femme, gender non-conforming or transgender person?
What pronouns do you use?
With language borrowed from the WomenWhoDraw database: “Check all boxes that indicate how you wish to be identified on the website. (Not checking any boxes is fine, too.) These identifiers make it possible for people to search for artists who are part of less visible groups."
American Indian/Alaska Native
Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander
Are there any other identities you’d like to share with us?
Ex: gender identity, sexual orientation, immigrant, parent, etc.
How did you hear about us?
An Authority Collective member
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Jovelle Tamayo.