Finding the Titanic Test
1. Why do you think the author bothered telling about Ruth's life after the disaster in the epilogue?
to show that survivors had full lives
to finish telling Ruth's story
to inform readers about discovering the Titanic
to show readers that Ruth did not live a happy life
2. What opinion does Robert Ballard express at the end of the selection?
a. the Titanic should be left in peace
b. more people should visit the Titanic
c. artifacts from the Titanic should be brought up from the ocean
c. people should pay respect to those who lost their lives by touring through the sunken ship
3. Why might Ruth's story be called bittersweet?
a. she couldn't find her family at first
b. her story ends happily, but many others do not
c. many people lost their lives on the Titanic
d. Ruth's family was not traveling with their father
4. Look at the illustration on page 92-93. List two adjectives that could be used to describe the mood of the illustration.
5. Reread the paragraph on page 90. How does the author show that Ruth knows many lives will be lost?
a. she sees people jumping off the Titanic
b. she sees people shivering in the water
c. she sees that there aren't enough lifeboats for all the people
d. she knows that the people in the 3rd class are still on the ship
6. Which of the following sentences is an example of someone in distress?
people in lifeboats signaling nearby ships to come and help
people waiting in line for lifeboats that are filling quickly
someone who fell on the ice
learning how to ride a bike
playing a game with a friend
7. Reread page 96. What is the text structure of this section?
a. compare and contrast
b. cause and effect
d. problem and solution
8. Many people believed that the Titanic would never sink. What word could you use to describe this thought about the Titanic?
9. Which of the following is considered wreckage?
pieces of railings
broken cups and plates
10. The Titanic should be left in peace as a ________ to those who lost their lives on that cold, starry night so long ago.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Community Consolidated School District 62.
Terms of Service