2021 Generosity Campaign
Jeremiah reminds of us of God's plans for a future with hope.
“For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope.” Jeremiah 29:11
The act of generosity is an integral part, along with faith, love, and kindness, of this plan; it inspires hope. One of ACP's goals is for 100 individuals or families in our congregation to take the spiritual step of committing to be generous contributors to God’s work at the ACP by pledging their donation for 2021. This goal is not focused on the amount that each individual or family commits but about the very act of pledging to be purposeful about our role in carrying out the ACP’s mission. Normally 45 families take this spiritual step – please help us meet our goal of 100 in 2021!
Sign in to Google
to save your progress.
What portion of my income should I / we promise to give?
Every person must ask God, “What would you have me give?” We are called to give sacrificially and in proportion to what we receive. Each of us must consider, with the Lord’s guidance, how much that portion should be.
Here are some details on ACPs expenses for your consideration in the amount of your pledge. These costs are only for incremental external costs and do not include the compensation and benefits of the pastoral and music team nor the costs of the facilities through which many of these missions are accomplished. You can find out more about each of these ministries, including their activities and ways in which to get engaged on our website.
• Mission and Outreach provides meals to those in need, inmates at Paris prisons, the orphaned and those seeking refuge through more than 15 mission activities. Annual costs approximately €60,000.
• Our Christian Education, which includes Thurber lectures, children’s worship and other children’s programs, the Alpha course and many others. Annual costs - approximately €50,000
• Youth & Young Adult programs – approximately €25,000
• Our Music ministry – Including equipment, training, artist collaboration, guest musician, etc. - approximately €40,000
• These beautiful buildings that are facilitating ACPs mission require approximately €450,000 annually, including utilities and cleaning (€200K), maintenance and minor repairs (€75K) and property projects that preserve the building and its accessibility (€175K).
A potential key consideration for you as a donor is where you wish to utilize the tax benefit of your donation. The ACP is a French 1905 Association Cultuelle (religious non-profit association) and is therefore authorized to issue tax receipts eligible for tax reductions for French taxpayers. Donors who are US taxpayers may prefer to give through the AFCU, a US 501(c) 3 non-profit organization that is authorized to issue receipts to support donations deductible to US taxpayers. Your tax advisor will be able to provide guidance on which organization is the most tax effective for your personal situation.
The reduction in taxes payable in France for individuals who give to an association cultuelle is like a tax credit. The amount of the tax payable is reduced by 66% of the amount of the donation (total donations limited to 20% of taxable income but can have 5-year carryover period). For example:
I/We affirm my/our financial commitment to the ACP by promising to give faithfully through the blessings given by God,
and want to pledge a specific amount for 2021.
but cannot specify the amount for 2021.
Page 1 of 4
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of The American Church in Paris.