Volunteer Release of Liability Form
VOLUNTEER AGREEMENT AND RELEASE FROM LIABILITY
1) I agree to volunteer for Agua International Water Relief (AIWR). It is understood that my volunteer title or duties may from time to time change and that this agreement is renewed automatically every year until otherwise terminated in writing.
2) As a volunteer, I understand that I control the dates and times when I do the work and that Agua International Water Relief is not responsible for scheduling my volunteer work. I also understand that I will not be compensated for any time spent volunteering, nor am I entitled to benefits, including employment insurance benefits upon the termination of this agreement or as a result of this service.
3) I am aware that participation as a volunteer may require periods of travel internationally in very high risk environments, and may require physical exertion to include standing, lifting, and carrying up to 50 pounds and will require the exercise of reasonable care to avoid injury. I am voluntarily participating in this activity with knowledge of the hazards and potential dangers involved, and agree to accept any and all risks of personal injury and property damage.
4) Relationship of the parties: Agua International Water Relief and volunteer agree that the relationship created by this Agreement is that of volunteer/non profit organization and not that employee/employer and that it does not create any agency, partnership, joint venture, or franchise of other similar or special relationship between the parties. Volunteer is responsible for providing at his/her expense evacuation, disability, unemployment, worker’s compensation, other insurance, training, permits and licenses for himself/herself. Volunteer shall not have the right or authority to assume or create any obligations or to make any representations, warranties or commitments on behalf of Agua International Water Relief whether expressed or implied, or to bind Agua International Water Relief in any respect whatsoever.
5) Compensation and expense reimbursement: Volunteer and Agua International Water Relief agree that no compensation will be paid for the services. However, volunteers may request to open a dedicated account to raise funds for per diem or travel under the “Purpose Driven Travel Program”.
6) Volunteer agrees to raise the aforementioned per diem support and all program expanses and that she/he is not entitled to keep the balance of any remaining funds in relation to the per diem or program related funds.
7) As consideration for volunteering for Agua International Water Relief, I hereby agree that I, and my assignees, heirs, guardians, and legal representatives, will not make a claim against or sue Agua International Water Relief or its employees, agents or contractors for injury or damage resulting from the negligence, whether active or passive, or other acts, however caused, by any of its officers, employees, agents, or contractors of Agua International Water Relief as a result of my volunteering.
8) I HEREBY RELEASE AND DISCHARGE AGUA INTERNATIONAL WATER RELIEF AND ITS OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND CONTRACTORS FROM ALL ACTIONS, CLAIMS, OR DEMANDS THAT I, MY HEIRS, GUARDIANS, AND LEGAL
REPRESENTATIVES NOW HAVE, OR MAY HAVE IN THE FUTURE, FOR INJURY OR DAMAGE RESULTING FROM MY PARTICIPATION IN THE PROJECT.
9) I UNDERSTAND THAT IF I AM INJURED IN THE COURSE OF THE PROJECT, I AM NOT COVERED BY AGUA INTERNATIONAL WATER RELIEF’s WORKERS’ COMPENSATION PROGRAM.
10) I authorize Agua International Water Relief to seek emergency medical treatment on my behalf in case of injury, accident or illness to me arising from my involvement as a volunteer. I understand that I will be responsible for medical costs incurred by such accident, illness or injury.
11) I understand that the materials and tools provided by Agua International Water Relief are and remain the property of Agua International Water Relief, and I agree to return these tools and any remaining materials to Agua International Water Relief at the end of my volunteer service.
12) I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THIS AGREEMENT AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS.
13) I AM AWARE THAT THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY, AND SIGN IT OF MY OWN FREE WILL.
If volunteer is under 18 years of age, parent or guardian must read and sign the following: This release, its significance, and assumption of risk have been explained to and are understood by the minor.
Do you agree with all of the above?
Electronic Signature Agreement. By checking the "I Accept" box below, you are signing this Agreement electronically. You agree your electronic signature is the legal equivalent of your manual signature on this Agreement.
By checking the "I Agree" box below and typing in your name you consent to be legally bound by this Agreement's terms and conditions.
Do you identify as:
If volunteer is under 18 years of age, parent or guardian must read and sign the following: This release, its significance, and assumption of risk have been explained to and are understood by the minor. If you agree then please sign your name by typing it below:
Contact Phone Number
Emergency Contact Name and Phone Number
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Agua International Water Relief.